Recent content by archibael

1. A

Sansui g5000 power issues

Photo of one unit in ad, lights on; sold another unit not pictured in ad? If this goes deeper than F604, I recommend either 1) an experienced tech or 2) if you're doing this yourself, make or otherwise obtain a DBT.
  2. A

Sansui 2000 volume imbalance

I am in the same boat. I seem to have narrowed to the volume pot, or at least near it. I took a pause on it to let my frustration dissipate (I accidentally broke one of the tower coils on the MPX board while I was messing around with the volume difference). I'll get back to it eventually...
  3. A

Au-505 annoying rustle

'kay. Sounds different from mine, which is modulated by the balance pot.
  4. A

Au-505 annoying rustle

Other dials or switches affect it? I'm watching eagerly, as I have something similar on my AU-505...
  5. A

Sansui 3000a worth it???

125 total seems pretty decent for time and effort, IMO.
  6. A

4000 Noise - Tone Control/Pre Amp Board

What are you using for a source? I'd been driving myself nuts trying to figure out why I had semirhythmic sound coming out of my 2000 when I finally realized that by moving the cell phone I was using for an AUX source, the noise could be changed. It had been the phone to RCA plug interface...
  7. A

Sansui 3000a worth it???

The 5000(X/A) is a beast and totally worth it, IMO, but I'm fairly confident in my soldering abilities. I agree with Sansuiman that you need to do the mod, you'll just have to dig up some buried forum treasure to do so.
  8. A

Sansui 3000a worth it???

I've had both the 4000 and 5000a, and it was worth it. My 4000 had a blown left channel the seller concealed by using the MONO button and wiring one speaker to channel A and another to channel C. To this day I don't know if he was fooling himself or trying to fool me, but it was $45 so I bought...
  9. A

RECAP SANSUI SP2000 SPEAKERS

There was a reason I didn't go with 22. I can't recall at this moment whether it was because it wasn't available at the time or if there was a fit issue. I went with 4+4 instead of 8.2 at the time because I was quite paranoid at the time about getting exact values and I just never re-adjusted...
  10. A

RECAP SANSUI SP2000 SPEAKERS

The AudioCap Thetas are being used as a bypass across the main caps. I included them in my SP2000 refurbs per rek50's recommendation, but some would argue whether they were necessary or just adding extra expense and complexity. I would call them "optional" (but I've always put them in)...
  11. A

Sansui 4000 help needed, nasty static

Outstanding! Congratulations on a successful troubleshoot!
  12. A

Sansui 2000 Receiver - Freebie dropped in my lap

larryderouin is correct in all particulars... the 2SC458s are used for gain with low-noise, but unfortunately that transistor type did not age well-- even within 5-10 years they needed replacement, apparently, according to folks who were service techs in the 70s and 80s, because they became...
  13. A

Sansui AU-505 Recap, Restoration and Renewal

Yeah, not a fan of the filter board soldering design decision. Was my least favorite thing about opening this unit. I might be opening it back up up to add better power supply caps at some point, but I have two 2000s and a 5000x to nurse back to health first
  14. A

Show Me Your Sansui!

Okay, you made me think there was something I didn't know about beyond the Sansui 7000 with your crazy "8000" typing. :) It makes way more sense that it was an Eight. And beautiful. Very jealous!
Back
Top Bottom