ARguy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey Happy New year... I just stumbled on this post from 2005 not sure if you still are in AR guy or not I have a pair of AR 12’s, AR 14s and recently acquired AR sevens. I am currently working on the AR sevens one woofer is original the other is a replacement. I’m wondering if you may have a spare AR 7 woofer laying around in any condition?
    Hey AR Guy:
    Thought i'd ask you for some advice, if you don't mind. BTW, I have a sister that lives in Oconomowoc. You near there?
    I jsut moved. I have a pair of Original Large Advents that are too big for my 30'x15'x9' living room. They are massive and take up too much floor space for my wife of 43 years. So I'm looking in to other classic speakers (ie AR's and KLH's) that might fit the bill.
    I'm looking at AR 4x's because of their quality sound and their size. Any speaker I get would have to be wall mounted, so I need something the size of a 4x or SLIGHTLY smaller. No minnies for me.
    I have a budget or $300+/-.
    So, if you would be so kind, what ideas do you have in mind?
    Thanks,
    Charliue
    Hi ARguy, thought you'd be the guy to ask...I am refurbishing a set of AR2ax's and have pulled/cleaned and re-installed the pots, re-hooked all the wiring, and re-doped the woofers. All sounds great, and is functioning well. The only thing I have'nt done is a re-cap.Before i permanently install the woofers, and beatify the cabinets, i was wondering if the wax box caps are worth doing? I don't have a dmm, or meter to test them at present. Are they prone to failure/drift over time? , or should I just do it anyways?. I would like to keep them original if possible. Thanks in advance, Steven
    Hey there,
    Need a tweeter for 2ax; has 3/4 phenolic dome with 4 yellow glue dots + fine wires running under 2" electrical tape.
    Wires connect to brass spring-loaded terminals, wrapped around.
    Know where I can get one?
    Thanks,

Jim Pearce
    ARguy, if I have messed up and sent the last to you instead of Jim in Cooney, please forgive the error. I'm not yet familiar with how this site works.
    Fred
    Hi Jim,
    I was looking for some info on surround repair and stumbled over your post to ARguy. I have a friend in the Falls with a pair of 9s which of course need surrounds. I'm trying to get him to move on it before one of his kids turns up the gain ONCE and blows the cones. If you have any suggestions for a GOOD repair dealer they'd be welcome.
    About your 9s. I'm sure they'll be beyond my present means but if you still have them please advise what you need to get for them. I'm near Mukwonago.
    Thanks,
    Fred
    hi

this is jim in oconomowoc

im selling the ar 9s you looked at and am wondering how much i should get for them

any ideas?

thanks
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom