The Voodoo You Do!, Male, 58, from Corvallis, Or

Subscriber
Art K. was last seen:
Sep 21, 2018 at 11:36 AM
    1. KevinCorr
      KevinCorr
    2. Art K.
      Art K.
      These kinds of questions are better in PM's. Hums can be difficult to track down and so I would post the question in the Turntables forum. It's the work week for me so I won't have time to really look at it until the weekend. I will say that some of the Fono Min's have a loose board and it needs to be opened and lined up correctly to make sure that the contacts for the ground are where they belong. Hard to explain without holding it in hand. Anyway, hope you are having a wonderful week.
    3. RAL9
      RAL9
      Hi Art, Let me know if there is a forum already for this but I am having trouble with a hum in my system when I use the Rega Mini A2D phone stage. It is not present until I introduce the A2D into my set-up. I have tried moving the power cord around, varying the plug in location (including in my amp and in other wall outlets), but cannot locate the source. I am puzzled because I thought matching the A2D to my Rega RP1 would be a natural fit. I notice it at low volumes and it is driving me nuts. Have already replaced the phono stage once so believe it is with my set-up. Appreciate any advice or forward to a previous discussion on this point. All the best, Robert
    4. Art K.
      Art K.
      I knew I had a wonderful 2 disc set with Ray and I just checked, well, you guessed it...it's Walk On. Think I'll give it a spin later this weekend!
    5. Art K.
      Art K.
      Thank you, Mike. I do love me some Ray Brown!
    6. MikeT.
      MikeT.
      Thought I might share a great album. I've been on a Ray Brown kick for a while and bought a Telarc disc - Walk On, Ray Brown. Disc two has Ray Brown, John Clayton AND Christian McBride performing Three by Four. I dropped everything to write this note.
      Disc two is scary well-recorded. I keep turning my head to the door of my room to see who came in.
    7. Art K.
      Art K.
      Thank you for sharing that. Well done!
    8. RGA
      RGA
    9. KevinCorr
      KevinCorr
      I like 'em. I will probably get them all!
    10. Art K.
      Art K.
      The Bad Plus were awesome in Eugene (The Shedd). They are especially a favorite of my wifes's. My favorite of their albums are the first three.
    11. KevinCorr
      KevinCorr
      I went out today and bought my 2d Bad Plus cd: Never Stop.
    12. KevinCorr
      KevinCorr
      Thanks for the tip on BAD PLUS. How was the concert? What venue? I bought the Made Possible CD and have played it 3 times already today! Going back for another tomorrow.

btw, I just played Esparanza on the Q Classics and the bass is just fine. Maybe they are about broke in now since I am working at home!
    13. Art K.
      Art K.
      No....actually that's not true I did listen to a MasterSound and although very good it wasn't as good as the LM.
    14. pulinap
      pulinap
      Dear Art,

I understand you have experienced LM Audio 219ia amplifier.

I would kindly like to know whether you had a chance to compare them with similar 845 amps?

Regards
      Pulina
    15. Art K.
      Art K.
      Not anymore. After Northwest Audio Labs closed the closest place is now in Portland. I now contact manufacturers and ask their advice. Sure wish Jim was still open.
    16. dark_philli
      dark_philli
      Hi there! I was wondering if you could recommend a good place to get a preamp repaired in Corvallis?
      Cheers!
    17. Art K.
      Art K.
      Thank you, Barnaby! You guys are the best!
    18. barnfry
      barnfry
      Art, your new cartridge is on the way to you - I tested it myself, exclusively with the Analog Productions reissue of Kind of Blue, so it's been properly seasoned!
    19. keithpgdrb
      keithpgdrb
      Hey Art, I have Bigerik in the secret santa. I see you also live in the great white north. I was wondering if you have ever met Bigerik, and if you might know his shirt size? L? XL? Sorry for contacting out of the blue. but one must be resourceful.
    20. Art K.
      Art K.
      Thank you for asking!
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 4, 1960 (Age: 58)
    Home Page:
    http://artkyleslistening.blogspot.com/
    DHS Family Coach
    Music, HiFi, Adult Beverages

Signature

Belles Aria~Border Patrol DAC SE/Oppo BDP-103~Rega Planar 3/Hana EH~KEF LS50~Audience Ohno/Wireworld Starlight 7~Box Furniture Company~Target MR