Recent content by Artlane

1. A

KEF 103.2 crossover upgrades

Lee - Thanks for the tip re: Erse. This is a selfish question: could you send me the part numbers for the caps you purchase from Erse? I ask this because it will save me LOTS of time researching. And you are correct regarding the the turnkey kits not including the protection caps. And thanks...
  2. A

Tom - Warning! You'll find gaining access to the crossover and removing the circuit board to be quite a challenge. The board is mounted to the bottom of the enclosure with a nut in the center of the board. Once you remove the nut, be extremely careful in wiggling/rotating/prying up of the...
  3. A

Hi everyone. New to the forum, but pioneered cellular back in ‘83, so I’m not a newbie to electronics. As a newcomer to KEF speakers and 103/2s in particular, I have read about crossover recaps with much interest. I just ordered a recap kit, but must tell you that the solution to my problems...
  4. A

Hi Lee: Quick followup. May now be inclined to retain protection cktry. Looks like I'll have to...

Hi Lee: Quick followup. May now be inclined to retain protection cktry. Looks like I'll have to jumper around corrosion. Do you know if c4 and c5 are non-polarized? Symbols on KEF schematic are different than other non-polarized. Thanks!
  5. A

Lee-New to KEFs. Bought recap kit from Falcon. Found some caps out of tol so reluctant to use...

Lee-New to KEFs. Bought recap kit from Falcon. Found some caps out of tol so reluctant to use. Originals measure closer! After inspecting SP2011A board, I now suspect woofer prob (no sound) due to board etching degradation under C4 and C5 caps. Best to jumper around bad etching. How do you...
Back
Top Bottom