Recent content by asdf_x2

1. asdf_x2

The Yamaha A-S2100

Has anyone compared any of the modern Yamahas integrateds against vintage Yamaha separates. I currently have C2a with P2201 and am very satisfied. But i wonder how these would compare.
  2. asdf_x2

C-2a selector stops

So you would need to make the screw holes smaller and then make the threads. Maybe not the easiest route to take.
  3. asdf_x2

C-2a selector stops

3d printing maybe?
  4. asdf_x2

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Thanks. Yes, there is a ventilation holes in the back. But i have to say that the restored, bias adjusted P2201 doesn't get more than lukewarm after a several hour listening. The C-2a gets hotter. I do keep the doors open though.
  5. asdf_x2

Yamaha C-2a hifi heater restoration

Ah sorry, i missed the bit about phono. I was talking about the tone board dc. My bad. I don't remember phono dc offset wandering.
  6. asdf_x2

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

C-2a, P2201, CD-S1000
  7. asdf_x2

In my unit it is wandering. I did replace the tone board resistors. It think it helped, not sure. What is the range yours is wandering?
  8. asdf_x2

Pre amp suggestions for pc2002m please!

C-2a and P2201 (P2200 without meters) here. Couldn't be happier.
  9. asdf_x2

Here's mine: So it looks like i have one replacement part and wrong orientation?
  10. asdf_x2

CA-1000 quieter in left channel

My experience is also that the 2SC1345 (outhouse shape) ate noisy so i replaced them in my CA-1000. My unit also had a inbalance with speakers. This was evident with headphones: with no speakers they were in balance. With a set of speakers selected balance shifted to right. If i remember...
  11. asdf_x2

Pre-Amp for P2100 ?

I do worry, but not enough to have installed any protection yet. My DC offset is satisfactory and i don't hear a thump when voltage goes down. That you hear music after power off just tells you that there is energy left in the filter caps.
  12. asdf_x2

Pre-Amp for P2100 ?

All i know is that im very happy running my P2201 with a C-2a pre.
  13. asdf_x2

KEF owners thread

I have little doubt that the new R-series has improved compared to the old one. Is it worth the money is another question though. But I have to say i have my R500s ports bunged with the half-bungs. Without them they would produce boom .
  14. asdf_x2

KEF owners thread

Random thoughts regarding the new R-series vs the old: I recently heard R3 and R11 at a hifi show. R3 was driven with Yamaha's new C5000 and M5000. R11 was with Cambridge Audio's new Edge pre and poweramps. I have to say both sounded wonderful. Especially the R3 considering it's price tag. Both...
  15. asdf_x2

Chinese WBT knockoffs: What Say You?

Just finished a cable with these WBT knockoffs. My first impression is that they aren't that bad. I like the locking feature since my Yamaha C-2a RCAs are a bit smaller than usually. This provides solid contact.
Back
Top Bottom