Recent content by asech

1. asech

Fisher X1000 EL34 Version controls

Hello Everyone... I am still trying to source a couple of Potentiometers for my Fisher X1000 I need a Master Volume Control and a Balance Control, either rebuild or someone that can make one. I have given up on the frequently mentioned site with the old radios, anyone else that can provide that...
  2. asech

Goodmans LF Drivers that time forgot!!

I pulled a pair off the shelf to replace the LF and found the HF had no signal. After tearing it apart I found it had a bad capacitor. Hopefully that's it and another pair back in the world..
  3. asech

I think they are, I have multiple pairs of Maxims and even a pair of double Maxims. For what I use them for, bedroom,Office, garage...they are a great little speaker. I have been very lucky with finding them and this will help me get a couple of pairs back into the world.
  4. asech

I had picked up a LF driver for my Goodmans Maxim from the auction site. The seller had posted that he had 3 for sale. After paying for the one I bought I thought I should go back and get another but the listing had ended..oh well The seller is about 40 minutes away so we arranged a pickup at...
  5. asech

Too good to be true Thorens TD124?

Oh it is, I saw this two weeks ago and I was thinking about getting the arm and armboard and flipping the table. after two emails back and fourth I sent one saying when can I pick it up...crickets...surprised it is still up...
  6. asech

Ada MI vintage JBL C-36 speakers

You're right C38's ...C-36's have the feet on the shorter side...no telling how they are loaded
  7. asech

Which two to keep??

I am partial to Sargent Rayment, I have two 5100's and currently have one hooked up to a Mcintosh MX110Z running through JBL C37's 3 way speakers and love it. It really matters what preamp you have hooked up to your power amp. I also have a SR2051 integrated amp and that one is out on loan...
  8. asech

Scott 340B price?

I am looking to put an offer on a Scott 340B from a local seller. It is said to work and has the wooden case and I can demo before buying. I have a couple of Fisher 500C's and always wanted a similar style Scott(tube wise) what would be a fair offer, it looks to be in good shape but I haven't...
  9. asech

SPU GTE vs SPU S-15MT

Thanks Tnsilver, I really appreciate your input. I am going to try and A+B them.I listen to vintage vinyl from 60-70’s . But the S-15MT sounds like it would better suit my needs. thanks again
  10. asech

SPU GTE vs SPU S-15MT

Hello, a quick question on your thoughts about the above two cartridges... I would run either on a TD124 with a Ortofon RMG212 arm. say both were in the same condition, would one be a better fit? from what I gather the SPU S-15MT is a later version of the GTE... Thanks in advance
  11. asech

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Here’s my 75 cent haul of vinyl today , most still in shrink wrap and super nice condition Listening to Steely Dan right now
  12. asech

X-1000

The flush screen is for use on the FM1000....I have both the X1000 and FM1000....nice pick up..
  13. asech

Broken On/Off Control in 800C - Options?

if you can wait, I'll dig out a Centralab KR1 switch and throw it in the mail for you, it will work. I used them on 500c's X202B's etc... I cant get to it until next Saturday, but I think I have a spare If you want, PM me your details...Those switches get hot and the material degrades overtime...
  14. asech

Sargent Rayment 5100 diagram..Help please!

Andy, you are more than welcomed... BTW, I am down in San Clemente.. Good luck, Andrew
  15. asech

Sargent Rayment 5100 diagram..Help please!

Hi Andy, I lucked out and found another SR5100 now I have two. I have one up and running and sounds great, nice clean power, have it hooked up to a MX110Z through JBL C36 with D130/075/LE85 setup. even the neighbors like it.... The other one is giving me a headache trying to Bias it correctly...
Back
Top Bottom