Recent content by atomic drftr

1. A

Miles Davis

I recently bought a record of “Someday my Prince Will Come” by Miles Davis pressed by Music On Vinyl (MOV) out of Holland. My first recording of this album was the CD released in 1990 of the digitally remastered Columbia Jazz Masterpieces. While the CD was OK for the limited, inexpensive sound...
  2. A

Technics SL 1500 Cartridge/Stylus Suggestions

I bought the turntable from a guy who had installed an Audio Technica ATP-2XN. It came with 2 stylus, one has never been used and I'm thinking of installing it. The speakers are Kenwood KL 777 DX, amp is Adcom 555, pre-amp is Kenwood Basic C3. Thanks AD
  3. A

Technics SL 1500 Cartridge/Stylus Suggestions

Anyone have any suggestions for a cartridge and stylus for a Technics SL 1500? I listen to a lot of jazz from 1955-1965 time period and newer reissues. Thanks AD
  4. A

Optonica Tuner Clean Up

Hello Audio Community! I just acquired an Optonica ST-1616, it's pretty dirty and has some scratches in the aluminum face and a couple abrasions on plastic dial cover. It also has some lights out. Does anyone have any ideas for polishing the plastic dial cover and aluminum face? Is there a...
  5. A

Optonica SM 4545

Yes, both channels are out. Thanks, I'll check. To verify: 1. Check supply and collector voltages on Q309 and Q310 on the EQ board. They should be around +60v. Thanks AD
  6. A

Optonica SM 4545

Thanks Binary Mike! I checked the F801 fuse and it was blown. Both F801 and F802 are supposed to be 150 mA fuses. I pulled out 2-100 mA fuses. I could not find any replacements here in Portland so I ended up replacing them with 125 mA fuses. I switched them out and turned the amp on but can not...
  7. A

Optonica SM 4545

Hi Everyone, I just got an Optonica SM 4545 amp from GW that I like really well. I have a couple of questions: 1. Does anyone have a users manual? I have the service manual. 2. I cannot get a signal from either phono outputs. Does this unit require a pre-amp to run the phono or could something...
  8. A

Mitsubishi DA U52 Integrated amp

I just bought a Mitsubishi DA U52 integrated amp. Does anyone know anything about these models? Good? Junk? Thanks AD
Back
Top Bottom