Share This Page

Audio Fan

First Class, Second Hand, from Somewhere around Charlotte, NC area

Subscriber
Audio Fan was last seen:
Viewing forum Dollars and Sense, Sep 23, 2017 at 3:56 PM
    1. bradfro
      bradfro
      Is there a capacitor checker in the stash of tech equipment you found?
      1. Audio Fan
        Audio Fan
        Off hand, I do not recall seeing one, however, given all the stuff laying around, there is probably one there somewhere. As well, I did not take a picture of every test gear, so there very well could be. If I get a chance to go back, I will try to remember to look for one.
        Jul 24, 2017
    2. vaathi
      vaathi
      Hi Audio Fan,
      I am in the process of rewiring MG-IIa. Tweeter wire is shredded and I thought bass wire was good. I dont get connectivity in Bass wire even though visually I do not see any deterioration. I am thinking of doing both the wires. I read that you build a jig. Do you have plans for the jig.
      Thanks
      vaathi
      1. Harryconover
        Harryconover
        I have not sene that failure fixed when I have seen it it was fatal becase of the lack of tension on the plastic
        Jun 26, 2017
      2. Audio Fan
        Audio Fan
        Since he made the post back in 2013, I think he has figured it out by now. :-) I sent him a Private Message back then to answer his question about building a jig to rewire them.
        Jun 26, 2017
    3. Roig
      Roig
      Hi, long time no read. I have posted the pictures in my album section of an AKAI Am -2800 integrated amp my neighbor gave me. It is a nice unit with metters and 80w per ch. Sounds nice. Real wood cabinet; it is in super nice condition.
    4. Audio Fan
      Audio Fan
      Hey there. You have me at a loss. I actually don't recall having a Fisher 510. I did have a X-100 integrated. Is there a post I made at some point?
    5. jdeitch11
      jdeitch11
      Howdy--

Did you ever sell the "slave" amp that went with the Fisher 510?
  • Signature

Currently: Sansui AU-20k/TU-9900, Denon DP-62L Turntable, AR 3a/Beveridge Model 3 & 5, Altec "Big Red Monitors"

Other Gear: Sansui 9090, QRX-9001, AU/TU-7700 Fisher 500C, X-101b, X-202c