audiofred
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• THanks Matt
    You're right on with Humble Pie and Grand Funk Railroad......we'll see what other discoveries you make. Usually a song title will jog my memory to the name of the group. A lot of those are no longer available. Possibly on Napster, and a fair chance on Amazon.com. So if you gather up a list of titles, I can identify the groups. Some of the tapes were experimenting with an ancient tube Ampex 350. BIG heavy stuff and I didn't have the knowledge during the 70's to purchase the proper 4 track record play heads and setup of the bias, etc,etc. It was setup "by ear" haaa haaaa, those were the days. The tapes with a play list were recorded on the Teac with DBX during the middle 80's..enjoy. I'm glad they arrived in good condition...............Fred
    Hi Fred - Just wanted to let you know that the tapes arrived yesterday and I've been listening since I got home from work. Fantastic stuff, so far a few great things I've never heard before - one sounds like Humble Pie and another like Grand Funk Railroad, I'll have to check the playlists (you've kept very nice records of what's on what tape, btw). Thanks again for your generousity, they're great tapes and they'll be enjoyed for years. I'm going to be listening to them while I'm working (or attempting to work) on equipment downstairs on the bench - no more annoying commercials! They sound great, too. I know they call DBX a noise reduction system, but I call it a noise ELIMINATION system, it's that silent.

I hope all is well with you and yours, and I sincerly hope that you are in good health and that the worst is behind you. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you or if you want to swap something for the tapes.

Thanks and Be Well
    Matt
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom