Recent content by Audioslave55

1. A

HELP PLEASE, Never installed a cartridge before!

GP Hill, you're a good man and this is a fantastic forum with a bunch of really smart people and a few dummies like myself. Ed
  2. A

To Mr. GP Hill, Well, Saturday I mounted and set up my first cartridge, the Denon DP-110 that was kindly suggested to me by Mr. GP Hill. I took my time like he suggested and I have to say that there is nothing easy about setting up your first. My eyes are now 60 years old and have seen allot...
  3. A

Bought a new PURE I-20 DAC today, Big Mistake.......

I bought the Yamaha S300 and in the last month, it's the only piece that I bought that I didn't have to return. The sound difference on Riviera Paradise between a flawless album and that Gen 6 I-Pod plus the Yamaha was almost hard to believe I was listening to an MP3. Hell, I can buy MP3's for...
  4. A

Balifly... Thanks a ton. Now I'll have all new parts and may just need some help putting it all together.
  5. A

Well, before the DP-110 arrives, I anticipate a problem. I hope the photos come through because you'll be able to see that the cartridge is some kind of Pickering with specific screws that go through the sheet metal body of the cartridge. If I'm going to use the DL-110, I'm going to have to...
  6. A

Gentlemen, I kept snooping around for something that would work for me in my low price range of around $300. All I was looking for was a DAC that would work with the Generation 6 I-Pod. Don't get me wrong, I pretty much have analog blood flowing in my veins from getting into the stereo hobby...
  7. A

Mr. GP Hill, I appreciate yours and all the suggestions and help from members of this neat forum. I ordered the DL-110 from ebay and a mirrored protractor also. I have a new "Image" digital turntable stylus force scale and really can't think of anything else I need other than the big brown...
  8. A

It's an old gold metal cartridge with the plastic model number worn off.
  9. A

Does the HOMC stand for High Output Moving Coil? I don't want to make another stupid mistake. Ebay has them for $174, no shipping and I hope no problems with the SX-1050
  10. A

Well, once again I've screwed up. In the Manual for the SX-1050 it states "When using a turntable fitted with a moving coil (MC) phono cartridge it is essential to use a special MC matching transformer or head amplifier". Man I can't win and now I have another return! In the $200 to $300...
  11. A

Fellow educated................ I own a Denon DP-61F in outstanding condition. All functions work and it actually plays. The one thing that bothers me is I don't have any idea how old the cartridge is. It could be 30 years old. So I purchased a Denon DL-103 cartridge, a Turntable force scale...
  12. A

People, What about the Peachtree DAC-IT DAC? $300 on sale from $500. The question is will it connect to the Generation 6 I-Pod and then to my Pioneer receiver? Could someone please shed a little light on this question. I'm on disability and can't afford the (Real) full sized DAC I want as a...
  13. A

The reason I bought it was because my I-pod on the Pure would no longer put sound into my Pioneer SX-1050 so I thought it was the 30 pin connection in the Pure when it was actually the 30 pin in the I-Pod. Took it apart to see what I could see and as usual, they don't go back togeather very...
  14. A

SOMETIMES safety, tranquility & raw nature sucks, just sometimes.......

Smaug, You're right and the sooner I wake up and face that fact, the better off I'll be. First of all I'm getting old. I was born in 55 and it took about 7 or 8 years before I really started to crave good music. Eventually it became an obsession that has never weakened. At first I remember a...
  15. A

SOMETIMES safety, tranquility & raw nature sucks, just sometimes.......

Thanks for thinking like me. I'm proud to own a few vintage "Receivers" and I only use them as amps. They don't receive anything. I'm going to try the antenna route. After all, what's the worse that can happen, I fall off the roof? Thanks, Ed
Back
Top Bottom