Recent content by AugustWest74

1. A

Advice needed - turntable dustcover reproduction

I could’ve sworn I’ve seen some where I could reinstall the oem hinge plates
  2. A

Advice needed - turntable dustcover reproduction

working on a customized denon 2550 project and dustcover might not accommodate modern tonearm (I still have to do final fittings so I’m just thinking worst case). If I have to go custom route can anyone recommend someone who can make a higher version of the stock dustcover so I can use my...
  3. A

Advice needed - adding a second turntable to my system

I’m looking for some advice as I’m adding a second turntable to my system and looking for wiring options. My current analog setup is a Denon DP-47f/ADC XLM > Nova II phono > Wells audio majestic integrated. The new (critical listening) deck is a custom plinth/DP2000 drive with a zavfino tonearm...
  4. A

Pioneer PA-1000 repair help needed

One of the pins on my DIN plug pins cracked off during a move recently and when I attempted to replace the DIN plug but when I removed the screw there's not enough play in the tonearm wires to remove the DIN for replacement. As I see it there are 3 options: 1 - remove the tonearm stand pipe...
  5. A

Tonearm repair support and/or advice needed

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I'll build a quick form to allow me to remove the tonearm from the plinth and secure it at a 90 degree angle to make working easier and to reduce as much accidental strain on the wires themselves. And thanks for the offer for the assistance
  6. A

Tonearm repair support and/or advice needed

I recently acquired a Pioneer PA1000 tonearm but one of the DIN prongs has been broken and needs to be repaired (DIN socket replaced I believe). While I'm mechanically inclined from what I understand this is very delicate work so I'm first looking to see if there is anyone who can point me to...
  7. A

DIY Turntable shelf/stand question

Over the holidays I found another turntable (Denon DP-2550) which I'd like to add to our primary listening system which currently also has a Mitsu LT-22 which we both love for the automatic features (casual listening while cooking, reading etc.) and are currently out of accessible shelf space to...
  8. A

Denon DP-2000/2550 tonearm question

I plan on giving the DP-50 a shot first and will use the 2550 modular plinth as template (my father in law is a carpenter by hobby and is excited to take on the project) for future tonearm swap but was curious to see what options are out there. I'd actually build a deck for 2-3 tonearms (like...
  9. A

Denon DP-2000/2550 tonearm question

Yesterday I stumbled across a DP-2550 in very nice condition with a Denon DP-50 arm installed (same arm as the DP-2500) at a thrift store so of course I snagged it. Long term, the DP-2000 platter will be moved to a custom plinth that I will be building with my father in law (acrylic/wood...
  10. A

SABA PSP-350?

Have an opportunity to snag a beautifully maintained SABA PSP-350. Anyone have any experience with this deck? How does it compare with other similar era JVC decks like the QL-7? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
  11. A

Retipping an AT33E MC

Was recently given an AT33E MC cartridge which needs to be re-tipped and wanted to reach out to members here for any advice for cantilever/stylus options which have worked for folks in the past. Once the work is complete it'll be primarily used with my LT-30 turntable. Thanks in advance for...
  12. A

What cartridge are you currently using on main deck

Grado Gold on my Mitsu LT-22 (soon to be LT-30) right now
  13. A

Brooklyn DAC+ as Phono Stage

Just curious if anyone in here has used a this DAC as their phono stage as well and what their impressions were from this application.
  14. A

Any cartridge recommendations for a Mitsu LT-30

Thanks for the recs ... The Bronze and the AT33 are already on my shortlist
  15. A

Any cartridge recommendations for a Mitsu LT-30

Thanks for the heads up, I'll add it to the work list
Back
Top Bottom