Recent content by Augy

1. A

Kappa 9 lover's questions

parts A semit is the same driver as the emit in rs4000 part 902-2645 just a different faceplate. You can clean the dome using mcquires rubber/plastic conditioner or some other brand auto product. Will it make any difference in sound ? That depends on if your domes are brittle or not. Good luck...
  2. A

New plastic domes for POLYDOME K

Yes u can claen a dome There are many threads on this using a rubber/plastic conditioner auto product by mcquires or others ....... as long as the dome is soft it will sound fine. This product makes them clearer again, but I dont think just because they turn clear again that makes them softer...
  3. A

Just so you know The color really has no bearing on sound quality ...As long as the domes are still soft and pliable they will sound just fine.....Its only when the dome gets cracked or dented does the sound suffer,
  4. A

If you use Paypal you have the power Paypal will cover your loss its part of the buyer protection policy, I have never heard of e-bay or paypal siding with a seller the buyer has the power..Look into it. At least get your money back from that scammer :nono:!!!
  5. A

Rotel won't support repair.

Cambridge audio does the same They make you send the unit to Montreal Canada for repair. I just paid $88.00 in shipping for what turned out to be a belt replacement an $ 8.00 part.
  6. A

I have a dilemma, advice?

Amps Got a couple pair of the 9's One good amp will do but I have found two to be better..... If a single amp is used it has to be a monster to drive the 9's to very loud levels.....something like a sunfire signature 600wpc 1 ohm stable ...if you dont listen loud a decent amp is fine...
  7. A

Please do Many of us here are wondering which is the best way to go....The sound quality will be the determining factor of course but I like the black dome look too. Been waiting a long time to get a review of these new silicone domes.
  8. A

I got em! Infinity Kappa 8

Placement Might try to pull them a little farther away from the wall it might open up the sound stage a bit.. You have plenty of time to experiment with the placement. They look great....Enjoy!!:banana:
  9. A

Now selling rebuilt domes I see the guy is now selling rebuilt drivers...I hope the buyer will post on hoe they work out....They look good but curious on how the silicone material sounds?
  10. A

Warm sounding modern SS amplifier

Try a NAK The Nakamichi PA-7 amp is a very warm sounding SS amp goes for 600 to 900 used might have more power than you want its 200 wpc....The Pa-5 may be more what your looking for same sound less power.... Not exactly modern though came out in the late eighties.....
  11. A

"Meaty" CD players

Dont rule out DENON Their higher end models were beautiful warm beasts solidly built , heavy transports copper shielded chassis...very high end and inexpensive used.
  12. A

dbx 3bx is on it's way to my system!

Enjoy I currently use a 3bx ds series and would never have a stereo system without one does hit the amps and speakers a little harder but what a difference like a magic box IMO.....Enjoy:banana::banana:
  13. A

Looks darn good I took a look at that polydome with the dome swapped out and I have to say it looks pretty darn good. I see he is also offering the service as well as the replacement dome. I hope the winner of either posts so we can hear how it works out.
  14. A

Agreed Just stumbled across them and since there are many threads on the issue decided to post for all akers to see. Seems like the best option I have seen to revive and old decayed dome.
  15. A

Looking at the bay the other day and I noticed a seller selling new plastic domes for the polydome k. Clear very flexible plastic domes to repair polydomes with. There is also that guy gluing new black paper domes on your old polydome for $85 too much IMO but the new plastic domes seem to be...
Back
Top Bottom