Recent content by ausman1000

1. ausman1000

Anybody know the make and model of these speakers, thanks

I just found out they are a Radioshack Optimus-3. A one year run in the 1971 catalog. I have never seen them before.
  2. ausman1000

Anybody know the make and model of these speakers, thanks

This speaker pair is advertised locally to me and the seller says vintage Realistic but doesn't know the model. Any help is much appreciated.
  3. ausman1000

Marantz eighteen (18) receiver questions

Sold off my last model 19 to a collector in Belgium a few months ago for $1850 via USaudiomart. Granted, it was in excellent condition (not recapped) and came with its original box and original wood case. The 18's and 19's I had sound great but my favourite sound wise was a very early...
  4. ausman1000

Marantz eighteen (18) receiver questions

I sold a NOS scope for $500 on eBay about 2-3 years ago. I was holding onto it as a spare.
  5. ausman1000

Recently purchased an Apple watch 7 from kmulkey and it was a very positive experience. Thanks K!

Recently purchased an Apple watch 7 from kmulkey and it was a very positive experience. Thanks K!
  6. ausman1000

Anybody around these parts ever work at the Radio Shack 'service centers'?

My longest stint was at shop number 40-0315... good memories.
  7. ausman1000

Marantz Model 19

I thought I owned an early example with serial number 1163 but you just won by a long shot, 1014, impressive! Supposedly that makes it the 14th unit off the production line.
  8. ausman1000

Anybody else own Klipsch Forte speakers in oak veneer with medium olive green factory grilles?

Definitely not sun bleached or faded. In person and under incandescent lighting it is a green olive color. I remember seeing it as an option on a sales brochure or something a while back on the interwebs. Just putting it out there if someone else has the same.
  9. ausman1000

Anybody else own Klipsch Forte speakers in oak veneer with medium olive green factory grilles?

Yea I know, worthless without pics, I was being lazy last night. Not the best pic to highlight the olive green but you can see the contrast against the obvious black items in the image.
  10. ausman1000

I picked up such a pair a few years ago (Forte 1's) in this color combo and am just realizing now that I cannot find an image anywhere else that shows the same. Seems the common grille color is black.
  11. ausman1000

A Frankenstein EL34 Matsushita, dual D getters?

I am familiar with that link and yes indeed it does show a double D getter that was used on the Sittard Netherlands manufactured tubes from 1957-1962 but those are welded plate models. Mine have stapled plates that I believe first appeared around 1973. So still a Frankenstein!
  12. ausman1000

A Frankenstein EL34 Matsushita, dual D getters?

I have seen quite a few Matsu EL34's but nothing quite like this. Here are my head scratchers... Dual D getters Very flat glass top with no seams No typical horizontal twin ribs on plates Has anyone else seen this construction before?
  13. ausman1000

EL34 tubes, Need some help identifying this pair with ribbed plates.

To bad I don't have matching quads. I have these two Matsushitas plus a pair of xf3s.
  14. ausman1000

Further research shows they may be Matsushita because of the ribbing and top envelope seam?
  15. ausman1000

I have not seen ribbed plate EL34's before. Manufacturer? thanks!
Back
Top Bottom