automojo
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi automojo,

Greetings from Germany!

I own a Proton Preamp AP1000 + Proton D1200 and would like to replace couple of components in the Proton Pre-amp, especially the 4 selector switches and the Volume pot. Can you or someone in the forum provide me the specification of these components?

Thank you in advance

Best wishes!
    automojo
    automojo
    Not sure-I would make a new post. The volume pot would probably be easy-the 4 way selector is not a rotary unit-it works of the pc board-a problem area--not sure there is a good fix for this
    Reactions: Ketz
    K
    Ketz
    Thank you!
    Hi, Following the 2017 thread on AMT3 rebuild. Would you still have and be willing to email the 53 page crossover and service manual? I would be very appreciative. Thanks
    ekvent3@att.net
    Where in Cheeseland do you live? Your moniker has popped up alot in past week as I research Heil's and now today on DLK 1 1/2. I am in St Paul, Mn and looking at AMT 3 and DLK 1 1/2 too. I am loyal HK owner and Frazier speakers but also own magnapan, Norman Lab, Sonab and recently acquired a new favorite FMI or Fulton out of twin cities. Would love to pick your expert audio brain someday if you would let me?
    Hi ! I'm hoping youre still around and wouldn't mind assisting a little....
    I have some ESS Amt 1aM.
    You've mentioned in a few OLD posts about foam on the sides of the Heil.
    Do you have any pictures or details ?
    Hoping things are well with you and thank you for any words of advice I can get.
    Jim
    Jimbosw007
    Jimbosw007
    I'm rebuilding crossovers and would love to pick someone's brain...
    Anyone out there that could help ?
    I've recapped the xovers in these with new cheapies and cleaned the pots. Sounds much better but I want to optimize them for a few cahnges...
    Moj',
    Hopefully you haven't succumbed to the VB-1x fumes. I was looking forward to an in-depth listening review of your finished product, but it seems you've disappeared off of the face of the earth. Hopefully, you're just too mesmerized by the sound to share your impressions with the rest of us.
    Hi I have been reading alot about these AMt-3 which I have a pair and your input is greatly respected
    So I thought I would try with you first for help
    one speaker gave out on the mid range
    The speaker is fine (proven with different input, produced sound)
    Wiring for the midi is Yellow and Black The Yellow wire I don't know how to test the black is ground and works fine ( on one of the bass woofers as a test)
    My Crossover is a three coil and has the silver caps (not the mex red/black)
    Can there be easy test to find the problem I really don't want to go thru and try to dislodge the cross over.???
    Any help would be great
    ess amt
    Hey Grand idea!
    and there are some that are using the Grand Heil for HF drivers with a variety of other drivers.

My camera arrrived at Pentax in Chandler, Az so we will see how expeditious (is that really a word ?) they are.I ll get some pics to you as soon as it gets back.
    View ConversationReport 04-17-2010 04:10 PMCactus Bob
    Hi Al! Maybe start an Informal ESS Speaker Group. The main attraction is The Great Heil and there were a lot of nice ESS models that used them, Bob
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom