avionic
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Avionic, Word on the street is, you're the Yamaha guy! I have a C-70 with a strange issue. When the "Tone Parametric" switch is off, the left channel drops by 10dB and the right channel sounds nasty. All goes back to normal with the switch on. I had a C-50 for a while and I always felt the audio was cleaner with the switch turned off. Any idea what could be the problem with my C-70?
    avionic
    avionic
    Yep -- It is likely a dirty SW503 solenoid switch. Recommend SW503 upgrade..

Attachments

• yamaha_c70_sw503_solenoid_switch_010.jpg
      yamaha_c70_sw503_solenoid_switch_010.jpg
      104.9 KB · Views: 13
    Don't waste your time posting here !!!! Just a reminder......I seldom look at this page. Start a conversation.!!!!!!!
    C
    CM-Man
    Do you still have that Yamaha MX-2 for parts? I found an MX-1 in good shape and for a reasonable price (if they'll ship). It still can be powered on but it has a broken power button (it's always something it seems...). I would like to know if another button is available before I do the deal. Thanks!
    C
    CM-Man
    Actually, scratch that. I just found a new-in-box old-stock MX-1 listed for $1,100 on Facebook Marketplace and I bought it for $900 including shipping. The guy's an audiophile from Long Island NY. He picked up three of them from a going out of business audio store. Thanks though!
    Hello Avionics, just following up with you to see if/when you might have time to take a look at my inoperative B-6 amps … the last time we shot messages back and forth you mentioned something about September (at least). BTW, the fourth amp has recently also gone into protect mode … is the issue with these amps just bad build components (age?) or just a plain bad amp design? Just wondering … Thanks in advance.
    I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO SHIP IT TO YOU, OR ANYBODY THAT YOU KNOW WHO IS KNOWLEDGEABLE WITH TWO EQUIPMENT. THANK YOU AGAIN.
    Hello avionics tech, I was in the Air Force also although I was in the transportation department. I have a Kenwood kw-40 to receiver and it keeps blowing the main fuse. It has been working well after being recapped about 1 year ago and now I ran it for about 3 hours, and it keeps blowing the main fuse. Any help would be greatly appreciated. email robertrusso387@gmail.com, 305-316-0022
    Is this "starting a conversation"? If so, I am interested in your refurbishing two sets of Yamaha equipment -- MX/CX/TX-1000, and MX/CX/TX-2000. Any interest in these projects? The 1000 set is one-owner (me), and the 2000 set is very near mint / museum quality.

Thanks, Len
    Hello Avionic I am new to this site but I am looking to have my Yamaha C4 repaired as well as my YPD10..
    if you are interested please let me know. I really need your help or recommendation. I live in Peoria, Illinois
    THANKS
    Don't waste your time posting here !!!! Just a reminder......I seldom look at this page. Start a conversation.!!!!!!!
    Hi Avionic, I hope this message finds you well. I recetly purchased a CD 2040 that needs servicing. Do you have any recomendations for someone on the west coast? I live in Oregon and will deliver or ship.

Thanks you for your time.
    Good afternoon Avionic. I recently acquired a late 80’s Yamaha A2000a amplifier that may need a little love. It’s a little weak and fuzzy in the left channel and needs a good tuneup. Interested? I hear you are the man to know when it comes to old Yammys.
    As far as the 5KF10B’s D330 & D332 go, original data sheet shows centered cathode pin 2 and anode pin 3 on right.
    Is this correct? Pin 1 should be dead?

Makes no sense to me looking at the traces
    Hi, Avionic,
    You recapped my C4 a few years ago. Starting yesterday, I turn it on and it works for a while, but then there is a popping noise from the speakers and the lights on the C4 fade out and music stops playing. When I push the power button in to turn it off after that happens, the lights come on for a second when the button is pushed all the way in and then they go out again when I let go of the button.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom