Recent content by axel340band

1. axel340band

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

For me, it beat out a pair of modded Dynaco Mk III monoblocks and a Sunfire Cinema Grand. It's incredibly dynamic, musical, and puts out an insane amount of bass for such low wattage. If you're doing it yourself, I'd recommend using adapters for the 7199s and using 6u8a's. Also, be sure to...
  2. axel340band

Don't worry about getting legit 7189's. The Russian equivalent, the 6p14p-er(make sure to get this model exactly!) is an excellent tube that will last a lot longer than the 7189's, and sounds just as good, all for about 1/4 the price.
  3. axel340band

I can speak from personal experience, this one is worth fully restoring and putting into regular rotation. When done right, they sound absolutely unreal, and that 20wpc can power way more than you would think it could.
  4. axel340band

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I see a table, but where's the turny bit?
  5. axel340band

Got crazy lucky at goodwill today. This particular store tends to overprice about 90% of the merchandise they put out. For reference, there was a PS3 next to it with no accessories or even a power cable for $80. So far I got the NES to power on, although it won't read carts. It is filthy though...
  6. axel340band

Cool bike find at 2nd Ave(local Savers variant): 1989 Schwinn Aerostar BMX bike. $27 after the loyalty discount. Gorgeous condition with some dust and a tiny bit of rust on the rims, but overall a true survivor. Mechanically it's perfect, even the chain is good. Seat isn't original, but I have a...
  7. axel340band

Looks to me to be a Columbia Model 65. Badge and crank case match a photo I found online. Definitely very cool, but definitely not an Acatene.
  8. axel340band

That's at least 2000 pennies worth of reels.
  9. axel340band

The hits keep coming, they just keep coming. Got a beautiful condition Canon 5D Mark II today at the will of good. $35 for the body and a bag with a few cheap canon lenses in it for another $25. No batteries, but I am a 5D user, and have been for almost 2 decades, so I have a ton of batteries at...
  10. axel340band

That's the thing, they price this stuff at ridiculous prices, then it sits until dollar day, and they make a dollar. Instead of a reasonable price if they weren't being ridiculous. It all goes in cycles, it'll eventually come down again when they realize it's not worth the effort.
  11. axel340band

Just want to reiterate, not trying to start drama lol. Just an observation.
  12. axel340band

With those prices, I just don't see how these fit in this thread. It seems like that place is more of a vintage shop than a thrift store, and their prices based on what you post regularly hardly qualify for "best thrift finds" even if it is a thrift. I could walk into the local second hand/pawn...
  13. axel340band

Started the year off right! Got this Hobart-era KitchenAid K45SS at goodwill for $24 after the New Years 20% discount. Starts right up, don't see any issues. Will get a full teardown, cleanup, and regrease. Have to talk to the wife to see if she wants to keep this one or the modern one we...
  14. axel340band

Rofl, someone at corporate made the decision that somewhere out there is someone that needs to start digging in the Pound bins at 6am. Wow. That's something.
  15. axel340band

The outlet in my area used to be an absolute gold mine. The stuff that used to come out of that place blows my mind. When it first opened, I would pull like $3-400 worth of quality stuff every time I went. Paid my bills that way while briefly unemployed. Now it's an absolute trash heap though...
Back
Top Bottom