bacinani
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi,

That looks like a pretty nice implementation of the Tripath amp, for starters. And your speaker drivers seem like you've made some good choices to me. If I were you, I would just swap out the Motorola for the Tripath. I would also experiment like hell and try the amps in all the configurations, actually. :D You never know until you try . . .

Personally, I've migrated back to good ol' class A/B solid state. I'll be getting a miniDSP to use as an active XO for my Maggie MMGs. They're only two-ways, so they're easy to actively XO. I have a McCormack DNA 0.5 that does 200W/ch into 4 ohms and which sounds real nice. I might try a Cyrus integrated for the tweeters, but I'm looking for a more permanent solution.

I doubt I've helped you much, but you have what you need to make a really great-sounding setup. Good luck!
    A very belated thank you. Got the amp. No problem with overdriving the headphones but
    low end was very weak plus a 60hz hum to boot. I will probably let this one go.
    Thanks again for your input. I got side tracked on a tripath amp that I hope to
    receive soon.

Regards

Jason
    I have no experience with headphone amps, but just decided to get the Bottlehead one that uses 6080 as final tube. I think it should be possible to make any tube amp work for headphones by following the logic on this site:
    http://sound.westhost.com/project100.htm

The main thing is that you have very low impedance phones though, so concievably you wouldn't need to do anything to make it work. Mine are 600 ohms, so I want to use less of a stepdown or no OPT at all...

Good luck!
    Good luck!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom