Recent content by backinthelou

1. backinthelou

Altec Model 9 woofer

I haven’t called them. Good idea. Thanks
  2. backinthelou

Altec Model 9 woofer

I picked up a pair of ratty diy speakers based on Altec Model 9’s. The woofers are about the only thing that are salvageable, but both need to be reconed. They are pretty roached. They are the stamped woofers(Series 1). Are they sonically the same as the cast baskets? Would the woofers be worth...
  3. backinthelou

Disaster!

I’ll see your F-16’s and F94B’s and raise you several years of J-79’s.
  4. backinthelou

Noah Schumacher (BigVoyevoda, Hallo-Fi Electronics, Vintage Audio Restorations) Being Investigated

I If it weren’t almost 900 miles from me, I would drive there just to be able to present my story. For the detective, I would be willing to do a phone conference if that would help in any way.
  5. backinthelou

Noah Schumacher (BigVoyevoda, Hallo-Fi Electronics, Vintage Audio Restorations) Being Investigated

I am not sure if one is able to search information on a case, but the following is listed on Colorado courts. 7/26/19 9:00 AM 1H SCHUMACHER, NOAH Return Date on Summons C72019C32003 Boulder County Courtroom B
  6. backinthelou

Advice on Re-veneering Speaker Cabinets

Do not use wood glue. Even if you get it laid down, the glue can bleed through some veneers and affect whatever finish you apply to the veneer. I’ve done plenty. I use contact cement with an iron. Cut slightly oversized and route the edges.
  7. backinthelou

His buddy Adam Tara is from Missouri also. I can’t recall which part, but he’s an accomplice, if nothing else.
  8. backinthelou

I had pretty disgusting dealings with Noah regarding my Fisher 800C receiver a year or two ago. A lot of folks pushed the blame off on me.I even thoroughly documented my dealings on FB, only to have people like Adam Tara ban me from groups. I posted several pictures of the shoddy work he did and...
  9. backinthelou

Fisher ST-920

No, sorry dude. A lot of stuff has come and gone through my house.
  10. backinthelou

Hey dude, I don't get on AK much anymore, but was strolling through the post of people showing...

Hey dude, I don't get on AK much anymore, but was strolling through the post of people showing their systems and saw you posted that you liked Stick Figure, Rebelution, etc... Sounds like we like a lot of the same bands-hard to find, especially with people so eager to crap on anything they don't...
  11. backinthelou

Nuvistors

Reseating a couple of the transistors fixed the tuning meter that was DOA. I will probably do a recap and check all of the transistors while I’m at it.
  12. backinthelou

Nuvistors

Hi folks. I have a Fisher TFM-300 that I am just getting around to messing with. It picks up stations great, but will not work in “stereo”. For some reason, lack of stereo seems to be my life story when it comes to vintage receivers and tuners. I digress. Anyway, I get no audio at all when the...
  13. backinthelou

Realistic STA-2100D Repair and Restoration

These horror stories sound like the same crap I went through with this loser and my Fisher 800C. Excuse after excuse. He screamed at me on the phone after I told him that the damage was not caused by UPS. I would have strangled his little weasel neck if he’d yelled at me to my face. I posted all...
  14. backinthelou

Bastardized VOTTs

Thanks for the info 427. I suspected they were too cobbled together to make a good go at it. The guy lives 100 miles from me and was offering the "good" pair and the correct horns for less on FB marketplace. This is actually good for me, because the last thing I need right now is more projects...
Back
Top Bottom