Recent content by Balthazarr

1. Balthazarr

Musical Paradise MK III

Got this last week from ryanward84. All I have to say is this takes my listening pleasure to a new and very enjoyable level. It came with great attention to security. Double-boxed with formed plastic inserts at every corner in addition to foam padding. No Problem buying again and I can highly...
  2. Balthazarr

Happy Birthday Balthazarr!

Thanks everyone! Surprised me to see this. Didn't do much as I'm recovering from hernia/ groin surgery, so just watching hockey, doing my taxes and listening to some great tunes.
  3. Balthazarr

FX Audio 6j1 tube preamp - a $31 wonder

Mine is 1.0 amp. Do you turn on the preamp, first or the amp? Just a guess, but did you ck for a fuse? Those thumps are DC current. Not a good thing, but normal. Best to turn the preamp on then the amp after a few minutes when using tubes. Maybe ck DC offset at the spkr terminals.
  4. Balthazarr

I made a few tweaks after the Jan 5654 substitution. Lifted the front of the B&W DM 630 off the carpet to see whether or not spikes will have a benefit once I buy some. I have to say it tightened the bass up considerably with just a couple of furniture sliders and a jewel box. Of course it's...
  5. Balthazarr

Refer to my previous question.
  6. Balthazarr

What did you notice about the Voskhods over the GE or the Chinese tiubes?
  7. Balthazarr

Well, I ordered this little gem prior to doing a search, here. It arrived, yesterday pm via Amazon. Right out of the box, I noticed a difference both to the detail in my file playback and my cdp. The transients were well represented. Something that's difficult to do with mid-fi, vintage SS...
  8. Balthazarr

Looking for DAC Recommendations

I have none of that metallic sound you're describing. Even without my EQ in the mix.
  9. Balthazarr

The price is about $800.
  10. Balthazarr

I'm at a similar juncture. I have a Topping D3 which works ok, but I just found an tube DAC that I'm drooling over. Vintage, however. I would use with either a Sony CDP cx 90 ES (preferred use) or a Sony SACD c69 ES along with SS integrateds: Nak TA-3A, Sony TA 1150 or Pioneer SA 7500II and...
  11. Balthazarr

Topping D50

Interesting stuff. Read it all and understood next to nothing. OK, maybe a slight overstatement, but my experience with dac's goes back to Cal Audio Labs Sigma II and most recently two Topping dac's I bought within the last month: D10 and D3. Not sure of the chips in those, but my ear tells me...
  12. Balthazarr

How to secure laser/ transport of player for shipping?

Yeah, think you're right. What does taping the drawer shut do for it when it's tightly packed?
  13. Balthazarr

That said, I've received two MB units years ago without lockdown and both worked fine. Still, "...'pound of cure' ".
  14. Balthazarr

No owner's manual. Dl'd service manual and don't see any mention in any of 45 pages pf parts lists, diagrams or schematics.
Back
Top Bottom