Recent content by bane.oh

1. bane.oh

Turntable hum even when unplugged?

Why does it get so much louder when I touch the red lead? To me it feels like a short of some kind but you may be right. So. I moved my TT and saw the 6 ft cheap RCA extension cable I had to use to reach the amp and it made me think, what if I remove that from the chain? It was the only added...
  2. bane.oh

Turntable hum even when unplugged?

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I posted on here. I guess that means my stereo has been working fine for a second. I moved recently and now I have an issue. My turntable is making a low hum, like a ground loop. The weird thing is when I unplug the power I still get the hum. If it was a...
  3. bane.oh

Is my crossover repairable?

Update: I had a local shop reflow the entire crossover for me. Charged me $50. Everything works like a dream now. I am considering selling my sub and getting a bigger one because the REL T5/i adds nearly nothing from what I can tell. I need a T9/i at least.
  4. bane.oh

Thanks for your advice. I failed to mention that I just had the recapped with a matching set from Falcon. It made a world of difference, but didn't fix my bass issue. I dug deeper and found this to be the cause. It's at the tech now. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.
  5. bane.oh

Awesome, so it's repairable, phew. It's my last step to getting these things completely restored. I did the doughnuts, new caps from Falcon, new tweeters from Midwest Speaker Repair, all resealed and oiled up. I can't wait to hear em sing! Thanks for putting my mind at ease.
  6. bane.oh

Mod please move if this is in the wrong place. I have a pair of KEF 104/2's and the internal woofers on one speaker started cutting in and out. First I noticed if I turned them up, the bass would kick back in. Eventually I narrowed it down to the crossover. I think one of the connections on...
  7. bane.oh

Phasing Question: KEF 104/2

Okay, cool. Got it. I was over thinking it (or under thinking it). Thanks.
  8. bane.oh

Phasing Question: KEF 104/2

Hi everyone. I will try and make this as brief and simple as possible. I have a pair of KEF 104/2's and I just got the crossovers back from being recapped. I am trying to put them back together but I have an issue. Only one of my internal woofers is a different phase. I know the internal...
  9. bane.oh

Woofer on sub moves when I turn the volume knob. No sound.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure I got away unscathed, probably because the amp is so low powered. I'll test and report back.
  10. bane.oh

The response from REL. Looks like it's a no go. NBD, but good to know. "There is a real chance that the Q108 will not work with the Class D amp and the amp may actually damage the REL if connected with the high level cable. A couple of things in general about Class D amps. 1) Depending on the...
  11. bane.oh

I shouldn't have to explain myself to you, but here goes. I am putting together a nearfield desktop system with components I have laying around. The REL was sitting unused, so why not? Other than judging me, do you have any advice? If not, I don't need your opinion.
  12. bane.oh

Weird. For me it goes directly to the amp on Ali Express. It's a Pj.Mialoai M8.
  13. bane.oh

My bad, the positive wires are hooked up to the left and right positive speaker terminals as required. REL says you're not supposed to do that with class D amps. ALTHOUGH, that is the only way I can get it to play, and there is still a very low level hum. It makes no sound at all if grounded...
  14. bane.oh

I have an old REL I am trying to hook up to a cheap Chinese class D hybrid tube desktop amp and I can't get it to work. If I hook the ground to the chassis of the amp I can make the hum very low, but not gone, but then I get no sound from the REL. Plus when I turn the volume knob I can feel...
  15. bane.oh

Need help grounding a REL with a cheap Chinese class D

The only way I can get sound from the sub is by grounding to the negative speaker post which REL specifically says NOT to do. In that configuration the hum is gone when the M8 is powered on but I get a nasty hum when the amp is powered off. I'm still waiting to hear back from REL.
Back
Top Bottom