Recent content by Banjo800

1. B

QRX-9001 Driver boards and protection

It’s a weird one. I’ll try pulling the plug and then running a ground to the connector and see what happens. Thing thing was a big mess when I got it and probably has a loose or missing connection somewhere. Can’t look at it anymore till next week.
  2. B

Thanks Tom, Yes, the fusible resistors and electrolytics have been replaced. I’m not particularly worried about it, but it doesn’t seem correct. I have an 8001 and it does not exhibit this phenomenon. Also if I were to install pre in / main out, they would not work. Something is amiss and I...
  3. B

Hi ya folks, I hope someone here can answer a question or two. I recently got a QRX-9001. Long story, but it required a lot of work to get it functional. Is it normal for it NOT to come out of protection if one or both the inputs on the driver boards are unplugged? Or if only one driver board...
  4. B

Has anyone successfully aligned the CD-4 board in a QRX-8001/9001?

Hi. That page has information for the matrix board only, but thanks!
  5. B

Has anyone successfully aligned the CD-4 board in a QRX-8001/9001?

As the service manual offers no instructions for adjusting the VCO and ANRS pots on the F2589 board has anyone here attempted such a feat? I would imagine after a recap or component replacement these would need tweaked. The Akai AS-1070/1080 uses the same CD4-392 chip and instructs the tech on...
  6. B

Sencore SG-165

Awesome!!! I'm gonna make up a cable now!
  7. B

Sencore SG-165

Lots of things to go bad in the RF circuit. There is one electrolytic cap, check that also. Mine was nearly double in value. Remember that it's a 75 ohm generator, but the calibration guide makes no mention of using a termination resistor. Use RG-59 cable, between 36 and 44 inches. The length...
  8. B

Sencore SG-165

If you are trying to lock in the FM RF with a frequency counter, it won't do it. There is a max of 10mv RMS on the fm out. Most counters will not lock in below 50 or so millivolts. Also to read the voltage correctly will require an RF millivolts meter or a 100 MHz min DSO O'scope that measures...
  9. B

Sencore SG-165

I've just spent a little time in getting my SG165 in working order. Ended up rebuilding the Output Buffer section and the FM RF sections. Seems to be in good shape now. I posted a lot of pics of the calibration process over on the Antique Radio forum. If you're...
  10. B

Sencore SG-165

Steven, If it's not too much trouble can you measure the RG59 cables that came with yours? I would like to make a set of cables that replicate the originals. The main one I'm interested in is the BNC to F connector cable. Thanks for any assistance!!
  11. B

My first post here! Can you guys help me revive a Qrx-9001?

Hi and congratulations on your purchase! I just last week finished my QRX-8001. I'm loving it!! Just a few hints to get you started. First, read all the posts you can about the 9001. There are tons of them! Heres one that has some good info. / This one is a LONG one and covers a lot of...
  12. B

Parts List for the Sansui QRX-8001

Hi all, just to "re-cap" the progress of this thread, I have finally a fully functioning machine. I left it on the bench for all the summer and part of the winter and only worked on it a few minutes at a time. It mostly just sat there. Most of the later problems were due to corroded contacts in...
  13. B

QRX-8001 - Difference in volume levels front to rear - Left to right equal

All problems finally sorted and she's sounding good! Doing the HG adjustments (without removing resistors) to the quad boards evened things out nicely. All new caps, fusible resistors, and lights, pinned 4ch board. Still a few odd adjustments needed, i.e. power meter calibration, and FM...
  14. B

I think I have most of the equipment needed to test.....just getting to the boards is a big problem. This thing is packed tight! Right now, I'm going thru all the boards again just to make triple sure I didn't miss a solder pad or something. It's been several months since I've opened it up so I...
  15. B

I'll check those out. EDIT: I've read those pages several times.... In the few minutes since I posted this I've put a 1khz signal to the aux inputs and find I only get signal to the rear outputs when switched to the CD-4/4 Ch Direct position and both front and rear are relatively equal. When...
Back
Top Bottom