Recent content by BBQDad

1. B

Onkyo TX-8500 MKII question?

I lost a ton of paperwork and personal stuff when our waterpipes burst---including my owner's manual for my Onkyo TX-8500 MKII. I have been unable to find a new manual anywhere, even a .pdf. Did you ever find a manual? Where? Thanks in advance for any advice and/or information you care to give.
  2. B

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Listening to Latin Jazz... On my :music:headphones:music:, through my Onkyo Tx-8500 MK II. The source is my DirecTV/Sonic Tap channel. Not ultra-hi-fi by any stretch of the imagination but good enough in light of the quantity of bourbon I've consumed. Good rhythms. :music:
  3. B

What are you drinking now?

Corroded Spike I'm drinking my own concoction---The Corroded Spike. Rocks glass full of ice. Three parts Jack Daniels Single Barrel. One part Evan b Williams Honey liqueur.
  4. B

What are you drinking now?

Canadian Fastener. Variation on the Rusty Nail (Always one of my favorites...) I call a Canadian Fastener: Three parts Canadian Mist Black Diamond plus one part Drambuie in a rocks glass full of ice plus a sprinkle of fresh lime juice. Stir well.:yes:
  5. B

How to apply the cardas ratio to a (roughly) L-shaped room?

Do the surrounds before it's too late. You'll never forgive yourself if you fail to take the requisite action to save those drivers. Do it. Fix those surrounds.:yes:
  6. B

It is the simple thought that impresses

More precious than gold... I hope your Son appreciates that set-up. Such things are more precious than gold. They have a signal-to-noise ratio that approaches the infinite. :yes: Thank you for sharing this story with us all.:thmbsp:
  7. B

New guy from the Ottawa Valley

Hello. This is a great place. Nice people and tons of information. Whatever the question, someone on here probably has answered it already.:thmbsp: :D Welcome! :D
  8. B

Howdy from Minnesota

Hello! Audio is really fun. Vintage offers the chance to obtain really good, old gear at reasonable prices, and truly exceptional classic pieces if you have the cash. It's a big tent...:yes: You are gonna love this forum.:thmbsp:
  9. B

Neat little " fly under the radar " receivers

Vintage 1978. My Onkyo TX-2500 Mk II rated at 40 WPCH has filled my family room with sound during all-night parties at very high volume levels. Also sounds sweet at low volume levels. :yes: It sounded good in 1978 and still sounds good in 2013. :smoke:
  10. B

Skull Candy

Christmas gift. My daughter bought me a pair of Skullcandy Aviator headphones for Christmas 2012. I have used them for several, two-hour-plus, listening sessions; they seem reasonably comfortable. The sound seems to be reasonably well-balanced. The highs are clear without being sizzly...
  11. B

Rodrigues Cartoons

First... These cartoons were the first thing I looked for in Stereo Review, back in the old days.:D Thanks for posting them.:thmbsp:
  12. B

EQ Troubles

Suggestions... Do all sources generate the same "sorta-headache" problem? If so, then you may want to get that receiver checked out. I am not an electronics expert by any means but I can imagine that some sort of circuit degradation could be producing spurious subsonic frequencies---some of...
  13. B

I spend the same amount of time listening to music that some people spend watching TV

Mostly Music... For the past three years, I have been watching less TV and listening to more music---all genres, CDs, LPs, DirecTV music channels. Music is much better than TV:yes:.
  14. B

New to site from WV

Let's gooooo, Mountaineers! Hello and welcome. This is a great site; I learn something every time I look at it. I like the garage/mancave. I was supposed to build a garage with upstairs man-loft this past Summer but got sidetracked. Maybe next Summer... In the meantime, I am satisfying my...
  15. B

Saturday Tunes

Couple LPs... Lee Ritenour, "Captain Fingers." Freddie Hubbard/Stanley Turrentine, "In Concert---Volume One." :smoke:
Back
Top Bottom