Recent content by bd1886

1. B

Luxman RX-101 Opportunity.....

Thanks for all the feedback on Luxman. Between my small group of good buds, most of us have vintage audio (a few have a lot) and it has become apparent to all...”eventually” how truly good Luxman is. (Posturing holdouts at first! Lol) I’d like to get ears on their top stuff someday.
  2. B

Klipch KG-4 sure are pleasers!

Well. We messed around further with the KG-4’s my friend bought. First listen was with a newer Marantz 7.1 HT Receiver? What a disappointing sound! No life to anything, and analytical with absolutely no oomph in separation and detail. Next in came 3 vintage receivers (A Sansui 9090db, Marantz...
  3. B

Luxman RX-101 Opportunity.....

An old thread but? Have to say that this Luxman will (and does) kick tail on quality of sound....no matter what I’ve compared it to. The “Ugly Duckling” stays right with me and my best Sansui, Marantz, Yamaha etc. (Luxman’s sound is top notch.)
  4. B

Klipch KG-4 sure are pleasers!

This last weekend I found a pair of Klipsch KG-4’s at a yard sale (for practically nothing) and decided to grab them at that just to see what was up in why they are so appreciated. Being a vintage guy, I learned a long time ago that there are so many rights out there and my only Klipsch...
  5. B

Some may say sacrilege, I say performance and sonic bliss.

Sacrilege? If you made things work and have it up and running nicely? (While keeping it reversible?) Your a frickin’ Saint!
  6. B

Rare (to the US) Toshiba 510 Turntable find...Top end beast for Aurex/Toshiba circa 1974-1975.

The intent on quality is “in your face” here and even though it’s not a more successfully marketed brand? Looking forward to seeing it restored. (Pics will have to wait as I was sidetracked getting home.)
  7. B

Rare (to the US) Toshiba 510 Turntable find...Top end beast for Aurex/Toshiba circa 1974-1975.

Couldn’t help myself picking up this “Low information on.” turntable and? May have hurt my back picking the thing up! (I’ll post pics once home and it’s wiped down...it is abviously top end and a match for a monster Toshiba Receiver I’m working a deal for.) Any experience working with these...
  8. B

Kenwood KR-9600 making the best of it.

Big congrats on this! About to dive in to that newly purchased KR 9600 myself and am hoping resolution of having no sound is as easy as a cleaning (and then having it fully serviced). Relays do click and looks to have been well taken care of? Enjoy that Kenny!
  9. B

Kenwood KR-9600 making the best of it.

Same thing going on with me. (Thanks for your heads up and fingers crossed!)
  10. B

Finally......a KR-9600. (Took a while for this beauty to come “out of the wild!”)

Pick it up tomorrow....pumped to open it up and start learning the lay of the land. (Will post pics of the internals so you guys can check it out.) Have other TOTL monsters but the looks of this Kenny has always captivated me and going to do some sound comparo’s for fun.....once gone through...
  11. B

Kenwood restoration, repair, recapping and servicing threads

So nice to have this here now. Thank You!!
  12. B

9090 or g7500 what would you choose

I have both and it’s two different sounds....both are a “right” and it depends on warm and forceful vs clear/with slighter warmth and forceful being right for your tastes, mood and speaks. For me I switch between the two systems.....but 9090 usually gets the most listening.
  13. B

Finally......a KR-9600. (Took a while for this beauty to come “out of the wild!”)

Question? Gorging on info to learn this receiver.....images show some have an orange lighting to the lower meters and some have white. Is this velum coloring the lighting and why the two variations in color?
Back
Top Bottom