Recent content by Ben Sanford

1. B

HeathKit Amplifier AA-1800

Replacing power supply capacitors in AA-1800? My amp is working fine, but after reading through this thread, I think I want to replace the capacitors in the power supply. The 40-year original one were rated at 13,000 uF @ 100 v. Since the voltage I measure at the output is actually slightly...
  2. B

HeathKit Amplifier AA-1800

Zygmo, You probably have the Heathkit AA-1600, a smaller version of the AA-1800, rated at 125 watts per channel, instead of the 250 watt rating of the AA-1800, Another excellent amp from Heathkit with similar design excellent design objectives, just less power output.
  3. B

Heathkit AA-1800 (250W/450W Leach Superamp) - $500 + shipping

Regarding the shipping of this amplifier, there is also a red sticker that should have been stuck on top of the power transformer, with a warning about shipping the amplifier with the transformer in place. The sticker is obscured, but can be partially seen through the top cover.
  4. B

Heathkit AA-1800 Bias/Idle Current adjustments?

I provided thins in a conversation, but thought it might be good to post it here as well. Heathkit AA-1800 Adjustment procedures Note: This information was extracted from the assembly manual, and are steps recommended after assembly. There are numerous voltage checks that are likely not...
  5. B

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

I just went through the bias and offset adjustments on my Heathkit AA-1800 (from about 1982), and was able to get the DC offset to less than 1.0 mV. I was using the adjustment procedures from the original assembly manual. No capacitors have been replaced in this amplifier. It was closer to 10...
  6. B

Hello from Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Welcome from Falls Church, VA War Eagle! :)
  7. B

Heathkit AA-1800 (250W/450W Leach Superamp) - $500 + shipping

I have a AA-1800 that I purchased new as a kit in 1982 - price then was $419.97 + about $15 shipping. Anyway, I do have the 120 page manual, larger assemble diagrams, and schematic. If you still need information on this, I can scan the portions that might be useful. I had mistakenly posted a...
  8. B

New member from Falls Church, VA

Thanks. How do I find out about the get together meets? Currently in the basement I have: Harmond Kardon Citation 17 PreAmp, Sony TA-E2000ESD preamp, Sony 550-ES Tuner, Heathkit AA-1800 power amp, small Pioneer SA-7700 integrated amplifier pair of large RTR 280-DR speakers pair of small...
  9. B

New member from Falls Church, VA

I guess is am an old vintage guy, and decided to set up a listening area the basement and put some of my "old" equipment back into operation, and listen to some of my 40 year old LP's. Kind of glad that I held on to things I used 30-years ago, and hopefully the electronics won't need a lot of...
Back
Top Bottom