Recent content by bergun

1. bergun

Denon AV receiver - worst tuner ever?

Well, I have to say that my worst purchase would be my Yamaha A-S801 integrated amplifier that I bought back in 2020/2021. It’s a better than OK amp, but it lacks the detailed reproduction I have gotten use to from Yamaha equipment since 1987. My main grip is the phono section, which was far...
  2. bergun

Early 1980s Music Videos Influence on the Era's Pop-Culture...

I was station in Germany with the Army when MTV first aired. I remember coming home to Seattle in the Fall/Winter of 1982 and when I had any free time, I was glued to the TV for hours hoping to catch Prince 1999, Devo’s Time out for fun, Eurythmics’ Love is a Stranger/Sweet Dreams and Thomas...
  3. bergun

Are there any “rack size” phono amplifiers on today’s market?

Thanks for all the tips!! I will be looking at the Parasound JC3 Jr phono preamp since it is the right size and within my budget!! Again, THANKS!!
  4. bergun

Are there any “rack size” phono amplifiers on today’s market?

Hi, I’m currently rebuilding my two channel system, based around Yamaha’s R-N2000 receiver and the new Technics SL-1200GR2 turntable when it becomes available in the US market… My local Hi-Fi dealer stated that they’re expecting to get them around late February/early March. Anyway, the phono amp...
  5. bergun

Happy New year Yamama fanatics !!!

I’m please with the DAC within the R-N at this point, I have it pair with a Yamaha CD-S700 player and to me, it sounds much better than before with my CX/MC1000 and the A-S801… Many loved the A-S801, but I was not happy with it And it was the shortest lived Yamaha item ever. I was thinking of...
  6. bergun

Happy New year Yamama fanatics !!!

No. I “retired“ my CX/MX/TX1000 a few years ago and I do not regret it at all. I replaced them with Yamaha’s newer R-N2000. The only “benefit” I gave up was the ability to connect an EQ and my dbx 3 range expander since I am now listening to more LPs these days, but that can be corrected by...
  7. bergun

How much do you spend on this hobby monthly?

Lately, I have been buying a lot of LPs over the last year and this includes CDs, DVDs and BluRay discs as well, so, I’m averaging close to $600 a month. Sadly, I have been buying new reissues of many of my worn out LPs since I’m getting back into vinyl again. For this month, the only...
  8. bergun

I'm looking to purchase 1 of 3 different Eq's ...

I would go with the ADC Sound Shaper for that price…. Depending on the condition of the Pioneer AND some wiggle room on the pricing, that would be my second choice. I’d pass on the Technics EQ, but that’s me and that only based on my preferences. Plus, the Technics EQ is priced way too high...
  9. bergun

The carousel cd changer has returned

Well I still have a 2013 CD-C600 and she is still going on strong. Without question, I am happy that Yamaha it back as the CD-C603, but I only wished that they would have offered it in a silver finish for the U.S./North American market to match their silver R-1000/800 and their silver A-S801/701.
  10. bergun

Vinyl record shops report surge in burglaries, shoplifting

Even out here in the Seattle/Tacoma area, this is becoming an issue as well within our local record stores. Regardless of how you feel or believe, the bottom line is that most of our cities lack police officers since officers are leaving/retiring as fast as they can AND recruitment is way down...
  11. bergun

Record stores selling USED records... What should we expect?

Yeah, I wouldn’t buy anything used WITHOUT being able to inspect it. I also buy a lot of used DVDs and BluRays discs and I inspect them all before purchasing them. Living in the metro Seattle area, I have to give a shout-out to Silver Platters who are great and they are fine with you...
  12. bergun

As confusion sets in… Technics SL-1200GR2 or Denon DP-3000NE

I’m currently building my “forever“ two channel audio system. Being 61, I still have plenty of life in me, but I am a realist and I know my years are numbers since I am now on the downward slide in life. I currently have a newYamaha R-N2000 in silver with a silver face Yamaha CD-S700 CD...
  13. bergun

Question for owners of Yamaha’s CD-S2100 CD Player

Thank you for the replies! I will look into this since it makes sense. I will admit that the main reason I was at the CD-S2100 was that I simply wanted matching components... Being retired Army, uniformity is how I was rewired, and it affects everything in my world!! Again, THANKS!!
  14. bergun

Question for owners of Yamaha’s CD-S2100 CD Player

I recently purchased Yamaha’s R-N2000a Receiver and now, I‘m thinking on picking up a CD-S2100 CD Player to round out my now “forever“ two channel audio system. BUT!! For a $3Ks CD Player, I’m concerned after reading and seeing videos on how this CD player has an issue with reading SA-CD discs...
  15. bergun

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

Well, my last audio equipment purchase was the Yamaha R-N2000a receiver, in silver. Pretty happy with it at this point, but the only thing missing would be either a tape monitoring or processor loop… Yes, it has their YPAO, but I just like to have options on my end. I am now looking at buying...
Back
Top Bottom