Recent content by BGRoss

1. BGRoss

Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor

Just picked up a set of SF, Cremona Auditor, M but have yet to plug them in. The previous owner used a set of Antique Sound Labs, Monsoon monoblocks (120/60 watts x 2 pentode/triode) with a Aesthetix, Calypso line stage. I'm going to try a Cary, CAD 808R (60/30 watts x 2 pent/tri) & Manley...
  2. BGRoss

Educate me on the ADC tonearms

I have this arm (ADC LMF-1) on a Luxman PD-121 and it is without question a terrific piece. Just put on a Rega Exact and it's totally magic! Prior carts I've used with it are a very nice Ortofon VMS 20E MKII and an Adcom HC/E high output MC cart - both very good but the Rega is exceptional with...
  3. BGRoss

DCM TF2000 Deal of the Decade - with pics!

#290 & 291... These will clean up nicely. I’ll have them gone through & fully tested. Amazing condition, just dusty.
  4. BGRoss

@galactus2 - TY, will do
  5. BGRoss

U may be right... I’ll post a couple of pics when I get them out and set up. Gonna take out the Adcom GFA-555 I used to fire them with too. Had plenty of muscle to push the TF-2000s around. Toss on some Faces & Free and get nostalgic for a few hours. There is however no way I’m shoehorning 5’...
  6. BGRoss

Well, I have #'s 290 & 291 that I’m taking out of storage tonight in a solid 8+/9 untouched original condition. They will be tested and gone over by my tech so... No idea if I'll ever get to enjoy these again. Maybe give them one last twirl - don't have the space anymore and have shifted to...
  7. BGRoss

Best DAC chip

TY Bret - according to Apple: “No. The base station's USB port can only be used for a few types of devices, such as printers. It won't exchange data with any other type of device.”
  8. BGRoss

Best DAC chip

Yeah I’m not going to be adding any boards or toslink capabilities to this Muse. Again, just hoping for an easy way to use this unit in a streaming application. I like the simplicity of the Apple AirPort Express and the internal DAC doesn’t completely suck. Just hoping that a vintage DAC that...
  9. BGRoss

Best DAC chip

Not so much gung-ho on the Muse... just keep reading what a valued piece it is and would like to hear it play with my modest gear. All the adding of input boards is more than likely not an option as the owner won’t let me do all that the decide on a purchase. I’m just looking for a simple...
  10. BGRoss

Best DAC chip

TY linuxfan for weighing in. I have a line on a Rega DAC with all the inputs & connections needed, just hoped to find a way to integrate the Muse into my system. From all I’ve read by way of recommendations and reviews it’s a special piece. The adaptor box isn’t exactly the way I was hoping to...
  11. BGRoss

Best DAC chip

Going to toss this in and fully expect to be tossed out of this conversation but here goes... Picking up a Muse Model Two to try and initiate into a lossless streaming chain via my iPad and wirelessly with Airport Express. So... AirPort Extreme router, 1st gen AirPort Express wireless...
  12. BGRoss

AK Speaker Favorites

Clearly I've jumped into the wrong conversation but, I guess to stay on point, I'll throw my Tannoy LRM's into the favorite vintage speaker mix. They kill it with every type of music and really amaze with my vintage Micro Accoustics 3002 MC cart. Just a crazy good pairing. Not a set that is all...
  13. BGRoss

AK Speaker Favorites

Yeah no stands, that's the thing but I'm not a big fan of the matching setup anyway, (way over the top look with the entire package). They do come with a set of brass feet that look amazing but still, not sure where/how to place these things. I know they're a different type speaker than the ADS...
  14. BGRoss

AK Speaker Favorites

Ok so I have some pretty good vintage speakers in rotation - JBL 4311's and Tannoy LRM's. Guess I'm hot for the bigger box monitors on open stands; great look. I have a chance to pick up a set of AAD 2001's in pristine condition for $500. Really like the "steam punk" look and have read the...
  15. BGRoss

Canton Quinto 520 Thread

Here ya go - $60 in white... not far from you in Concord, MA https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/ele/6034989590.html
Back
Top Bottom