Recent content by bigbargain

1. B

Rek-O-Kut Rondine Jr. L-34 turntable with Empire 98 tonearm need a Plinth

Thanks for that advert. I studied it a bit more and noticed all except the rondine delux used the same motor, with the “custom built hysteresis synchronous motor” in only the rondine deluxe, which gets the better s/n. All the others indicate a “ new design hysteresis synchronous motor” and when...
  2. B

Rek-O-Kut Rondine Jr. L-34 turntable with Empire 98 tonearm need a Plinth

I’ve never had that experience with any of my 3 ROK K33’s, but they’re the belt driven ones. As you might guess, I’m biased away from idlers because of the rumble.
  3. B

Any interest in a Chicago area club?

I wasn’t able to join. Did this meet-up happen?
  4. B

45 push pullamps!

I know, old post. But Gary Dodd got me interested when i bought one of a few headphone amps he made. Yesterday. Posthumously of course. Listening to it now. Starting to really like it.
  5. B

Well… Milwaukee is just another suburb of Chicago.
  6. B

Hadn’t thought about this group for a while! I’d be interested. I live in wheaton.
  7. B

The Radio Shack SA-155 Mini Amp

Got one last nite. $20. Was just looking for something in my electronics shop for background music and testing speakers. (And I’ve used the rat-shack phono pre’s and liked them) Despite things said here, i did not have high expectations. But i was quite pleasantly surprised! I can see why...
  8. B

Bought custom speakers... JBL D123 + Peerless

old thread and not certain if anyone is watching it. I am working on a fill speaker for my Khorns. Actually, Khorn bass bins + JBL 2360 horns with either EV or JBL 2" driver. Sound is amazing with tubes, but like eveyrone, i thirst for improved 300<->6/700 hz. The bass bins don't quite make...
  9. B

Allen Organ Speakers HC 15 BIG THANKS

And those are Eminence woofers. The OP said it, and i can confirm. No CTS there.
  10. B

Allen Organ Speakers HC 15 BIG THANKS

Just picked up 4. Free. They called me! Not a bad thing to have an unflattering reputation sometimes. Say whqt you want, but i just got 4 free hc-15s. Tried them with a rebuilt hafler dh-200 and a dac playing hi-res. Anyway, my impressions mirror the above posters. I was going to just...
  11. B

Stanton Gyropoise 800B Turntable found!

There's more than 1 of them in the wild. Mark. What ever happened to your's? The plinth under it is a 110# steel plate on 3 racketballs with Memory Foam dampeners and dampeners between the TT and the plate. and of course the magnetic levitation that the original table provided. That's a...
  12. B

Harman Kardon Citation 11

Never trust Stereophile reviews. Their endorsements are for sale to the highest advertiser's bidding. Watch - when the new model comes out, the old one is junk and you MUST upgrade.
  13. B

Kenwood KR-9600 TA200-W solution ?

Eddy. Please don't be discouraged. I am extremely interested in this thread as I have a 9600 about to get restored. If I invest this much effort I would be crushed if an amp module failed and I could not replace it. Assuming the China source does start relisting module replacements, I would...
  14. B

My saga of the KR-9600 handles

sorry to try to wake this thread from the dead, but I think my question is most appropriate here. I just got a Kenwood KR-9600 with a the wood case (lucky me - it was just given to me. Free!). However, they seem to reuse the screw holes that originally are used to attach the handles to attach...
  15. B

Referring to this thread...

Referring to this thread, https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/rok-s120-and-s160-vs-micropoise-tonearms.770383/ I saw you mentioned you have a couple Rek-o-Kut tonearms. I recently acquired a K33-H with the original S120, but no headshell. I'd be interested in purchasing either a...
Back
Top Bottom