Recent content by bigcaddy64

1. B

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I’m in the fire/life safety side of plumbing and aluminum has been the way to go for 40+ years. Nobody wants to even think about lifting up a Rigid 60” in steel. Ever since threaded large diameter pipe was almost completely replaced with grooved, annything over 2” isn’t that common anymore. I...
  2. B

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

These were in my stack of LDs and I had kinda forgotten about them. There were more to look through on Saturday but these were the only records she was willing to sell.
  3. B

For those that don’t live in Southern Californi, it’s not always warm and sunny out here. its been nice the entire week but of course it was supposed to rain Saturday morning. I still had a list of sales and think it turned out for the best. The first few sales were junky but I ended up buying...
  4. B

from the looks of that treehouse, I’d say the safest spot to be is where the cameraman is standing. I’d be afraid to sneeze in that thing an I come from a childhood of questionable choices involving engines and wheels.
  5. B

Now all you need is a treehouse to read them in lol. that’s an awesome find. I’m not a collector but have always loved comics books.
  6. B

PIONEER SX-980 worth?

That guy is fishing for sucker and a large payday. Don’t be the fish that bites! I find lots of stereo gear at garage but anything Pioneer SX stuff seems to be elusive. Last month was pretty nice because I was able to find a SX 680 and 780 at the same location, both 100% original/untouched...
  7. B

And here is the balance of my morning and afternoon of hunting. I’ve gone through a few warehouses and outbuildings only to finds clues as to what other gear may be hiding in the next room. the JBL documents appear to be for 1 speaker since I only see 1 serial number. All of the vinyl is dusty...
  8. B

I’m out visiting some family and managed to find a few treasures this morning before I head out to my private deal and try to finish up a bit more there. most of the CDs were some that I bought new when much younger. They’ll replace my badly scratched ones. The Tool Salvial box set was a...
  9. B

If you want to PM me the mods, I’d be happy to hear about them. I’ve seen guys doing a breadboard bias setup for replacement tubes but there’s always something to do that will improve sound, increase tube life etc.
  10. B

With the varied amount of stuff I find, I can really only keep the best stuff for my personal collection. I currently have 2 other pieces of Fisher gear that will be moved along and the 600 will stay with me. The more I look it over, the more amazed I am at its overall condition. It’ll be fun...
  11. B

Thanks! It’s going to be a work out just to look under the hood of this thing. I just took more pictures and it’s got to be close to 80 pounds. looks like the Sylvania branded Mullards are the 7189s. I’ll let my brother check them in his tube tester and see how it goes with some volrage...
  12. B

i made another pass at the place I’ve been picking and discovered some more audio treasure. I only have one picture but It’s the best piece I found yesterday. Buried on a bench top, with tons of old crap, canned food etc covering it. The Fisher 600 with the optional louvered metal cabinet. It’s...
  13. B

Due to rain this afternoon I was able to change plans which freed up some time for pictures. These are pretty much the extent of the audio equipment but the big box of manuals might shed light on other pieces that haven’t been found yet. Not pictured is tools, camera gear, camping gear, bikes...
  14. B

Well, yesterday was just an absolute doozy of a day. The weather looked good but sales were slim pickings…good thing I had an ace up my sleeve. I’d already coordinated a repeat pick where I’d previously scored great stuff and supposedly we were going to get access to a new building that...
  15. B

the decoys I picked up from that sale were made in the 50s of waxed paperboard stock and printed to look like a goose. Very detailed but not carved wood. I do have about 6 carved/painted cape cod shore birds from a fairly well regarded artist and a few Frank Weston Benson paintings that we...
Back
Top Bottom