Recent content by bighairydude

1. bighairydude

Florida? Lets get a Florida Fest Going for this year!

I would definitely be interested.....before June and after September..to help avoid the heat.
  2. bighairydude

YOUR top 5 movie endings

The thunder clap and the lightning bolt to end the original "Bad Seed" always brought a smile to my face.
  3. bighairydude

What concerts have you heard, live in person, but didn't see?

The year was 1975 and it was July in Dallas Tx at the Cotton Bowl...The show started out with Montrose and then Trapeze came out and played. Damn it was hot and the beer and other things were having their effect on me. I already looked like a lobster from the sun beating down on me and I just...
  4. bighairydude

Help with speaker ID

Owner cant ID these as he says there is no manufacture info on the outside and he is unwilling to open them up to find out. Could there be something outstanding inside? Any help will be appreciated....Pics are as big as I can make them BHD
  5. bighairydude

Virus attack after log in

update about work computer... IT folks had a time getting it back running. What he told me was that it was a rootkit virus that did come from something that attached itself to the computer while browsing AK in the form of a java script. He could not pinpoint exactly where and when it happened...
  6. bighairydude

Virus attack after log in

It got me today at work while checking AK. Pop ups advising Windows XP virus 2012 alert, back door trojan alert, hacking alert, and another I cant remember. Before the pop ups started the broser shut down IE and then they started showing up. Couldnt tell you what protection we have but its on a...
  7. bighairydude

Your Favorite Character Actors?

Just a Few that I can think of right now Jack Warden James Gleason Alan Hale Ward Bond Rip Torn Tim Curry Christopher Walken Martin Balsam Walter Brennan
  8. bighairydude

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

Not in any particular order Boston A-200 Pioneer S-1010 Boston A-150 or HPM-700 or maybe HPM-100:D
  9. bighairydude

Please help me pick a cartridge for my Pioneer PL-510A

I use a Shure M95ED on my PL-510A and could not be happier with the results. I have tracking set at 1 gm (anti-skate also) and it plays just perfectly across the record. I have also tried an Empire 2000 EIII on the table, and while it sounded fine it just couldnt match the M95ED with overall...
  10. bighairydude

More Data, Less Wank. A Eulogy for Zilch.

A sad day indeed...RIP Zilch your knowledge and sharing of it will be sorely missed....:tears:
  11. bighairydude

my first pair of Pioneer HPM 100's!

not trying to make a point just trying to share the info that is on AK and elsewhere to the poster who asked for some help. and if a manufacturers catalog says one thing and someone elses says another who is to say which is right. the catalog picture for the 200 watt version doesnt list the...
  12. bighairydude

here is different page from a Pioneer catalog that shows the specs http://audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21199
  13. bighairydude

On the 100 watt versions the frequency crossover for the woofer is 1200 hz whereas on the 200 watt version the woofer crosses at 3000 hz. http://akdatabase.org/Pioneer/Speaker%20Systems.htm
Back
Top Bottom