Recent content by BigPimp

1. B

Putting speaker drivers into a slightly bigger enclosure.

Ok thanks for your replies. I'm in the UK not the US. I've got the correct measurements from the Jamo compact 1000 boxes so I wont be needing software and that other stuff. I've ordered some plywood off ebay so I'll be able to make them to the exact size and design as the originals.
  2. B

Putting speaker drivers into a slightly bigger enclosure.

Hi there, I have came across some new/old stock Jamo 8" speaker drivers never used and I believe the Jamo compact 1000's used these same drivers. I have tested them and they are in good working order I would like to build a pair of enclosures for them. Ideally I would like to build the...
  3. B

Car subwoofer sounds like junk

I got my amplifier today hooked it up and I'm pleased with the results so far. I'm getting I'm getting a nice tight kick from the woofers now. I've created a bit of cabin space in the back of my livingroom and everything vibrates even my front door lol :jump: I did notice that its not draining...
  4. B

I've just been looking at some amplifiers online I'm planing on getting one either tomorrow or during the week but first I just need to know what sorta Amplifier would be best for these woofers. I'm on a budget so anything under 100 would suit my price range, I could probably stretch to 150 if...
  5. B

I agree Not all car subs would sound crap in an open space and providing you have what they call the cabin space will increase the performance which can easily be created in a room. I agree that my box may be to small but its really for testing purposes as the box I have is better than no box at...
  6. B

Now that sounds like an idea, there waterproof too so they could make good bathroom subs with a pair of super tweeters thrown in :D
  7. B

I have a 12volt 40 Amp regulated power supply to to run it all. I have quite a few of these power supplies that I use on Ham Radio equipment.
  8. B

Yeah I thought pretty much the same thing with it plugged into a home amplifier, I only connected them to it for testing purposes anyway with the volume on low for short periods of time. I was looking at some car subwoofer amps last night on ebay... I'm going to get one very soon. I was...
  9. B

Hi there, I'm making a ghetto blaster out of car audio parts but before I get in to that I want to talk about the subwoofers and find out why they aren't booming. So I have 2 car 10 inch subwoofer drivers which have never been used and I bought an enclosure to mount in one of the 10 inch...
  10. B

Rotel RA-820AX amplifier repair

Hi all I managed to get the bass/treble working by changing the 4 Mylar 104 0.01uF film capacitors on the tone board and the Tone switch is now working as well, I'm thinking about changing all the resistors on the tone board for good measure. The amp sounds a lot better now. I have been...
  11. B

You have the tone nob
  12. B

Nah the loudness doesn't work either
  13. B

Well things have been good I've had it on for a few hours now with no blown fuses :) I really need to do something about the tone. The tone switch makes no difference if its on or off also looking at the bass and treble board I'm thinking about changing out the mylar 104J caps and the styrol...
  14. B

It wouldn't be the speakers or wiring, I always tin the ends of my speaker wires and even before I crimp wires I'd still tin the ends. Theres no hums coming from the amp. I have quite a few different sets of speakers all of the speakers I own are 100% working. My Pioneer SA-8800 never has a...
  15. B

I used a 4A quick blow fuse however I'm out of 4A so I've put in a 2A fast blow fuse which should be ok for now until I get some more 4A. So far so good I've had the amp on now for over 20 minutes with a load, perhaps that other fuse that blew was already weak? The heat sink and transistors...
Back
Top Bottom