Recent content by bisonguy

1. bisonguy

G-9000 low volume output

The power switch on my G-9000 was arcing causing the lights to flicker. I removed it and confirmed the contacts were burnt. I took the internal rockers that were in good shape from a Kenwood KA-7100 switch (same rockers) and reversed the orientation of the switch so in the on position it would...
  2. bisonguy

KA-8004 volume/balance pot problem

I have a lovely KA-8004 but its 4 gang volume/balance pot is toast. The shaft had been damaged and it can work intermittently during movement or not at all depending on the position. I have searched everywhere for a replacement including placing an ad on bartertown but no luck. Here is my...
  3. bisonguy

Needed: Kenwood KA-8300 Volume Knob

It is like looking for hens teeth. The same knob was used on KA-7300, KA-7500 and KA-8300. I have a KA-8300 which I prefer over the KA-9100 which I also have. You may not be happy with the KT-8300 knob. It is similar but significantly smaller. I have the KT-8300 coupled with the KA-8300 and the...
  4. bisonguy

Accuphase : dismantling the panels ?

https://www.hifido.co.jp/sold/21-31414-08813-00.html?KW=Accuphase&G=0101&P1=&P2=&A=10&N=&Y=&CT=0&M=0&LNG=E&OD=0&O=0&L=50&SD1=0&SD2=0&SD3=0 http://www.audiodrom.net/en/interconnects/detail/31-integrated-amplifiers/351-accuphase-e-560 Could not re-find where I got the top view but I put another...
  5. bisonguy

Looking at it from the top view I just can't see any other attaching hardware for the cover. Sorry
  6. bisonguy

I have never had this model but from what I can see on stock images there should be two screws on the back that release the top cover
  7. bisonguy

Kenwood KA-8300 recap list?

I haven't used this list for awhile so don't expect all the part numbers will be current. Anyway, it should give you a starting point. Hope it helps.
  8. bisonguy

Kenwood KD 850 hinge replacement suggestions?

Back again. I haven't looked at this issue for so long I almost forgot an even better solution. I obviously have too many turntables. I tried the hinges from my Kenwood KD-770D and they are a perfect match. Opens and closes perfectly with no issues. Might be a little harder to find than the PL-518.
  9. bisonguy

Kenwood KD 850 hinge replacement suggestions?

I have two of these rare KD-850 with the same issue as you. The original hinges are of course almost unobtainable. I found through trial and error that hinges from a Pioneer PL-518 turntable will work. The top will open and stay at the proper angle and when closed is perfectly aligned. The only...
  10. bisonguy

Trying to revive KA 8300

I purcased a ta-100w from pyramid audio for my Kenwood ka-9100. Easy replacement and it works perfectly.
  11. bisonguy

Kenwood ka9100 phono 1 channel only!

I had the same problem as you. I tried everything including disassembling the source selector switch and polishing the contacts. Eventually tried refreshing all the solder joints and that solved the problem. Cold solder joint.
  12. bisonguy

Question to Kenwood KD-770D owners

Update on the Kenwood. Finally decided to open it up and look at the tonearm mechanism. I found the problem was the tonearm lift rod. The old lubrication was not allowing it to come completely down. I disassembled the rod assembly, added new lubrication and reassembled. All is good now.
  13. bisonguy

Pioneer PL-L1000 auto return noise

Upon further inspection I saw what appeared to be a screw being dragged by the tonearm assembly. The only way to get to it was to completely remove the tonearm. I could not figure out where the screw had come from. I contacted the previous owner and he replied that when his Dad bought the...
  14. bisonguy

Pioneer PL-L1000 auto return noise

I just received a PL-L1000 and I have a question for any owners of the PL-L1000 about the arm movement when returning to the stop position. It returns correctly except that there is a noise, perhaps an activation of a mechanical switch as it nears the outer edge of the record. Is this normal or...
  15. bisonguy

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

G-9000,818030528,bisonguy
Back
Top Bottom