bktheking
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• So I’m trying to fix a 2238b which isn’t playing out of either channel. We got lights, camera, no click. She’s got somethin’ substantial wrong with her.

I got into the way back machine and found a thread.. you helped a gent repair a problem 2238b. He says “maybe I’ll just sell it for parts,” and I’ll not soon forget your words… “Oh, no you won’t, you’ll fix it!”

Priceless. I’m GOING to figure this thing out!
    Hi Bk, Tried to reach you with a reply from an old post a week ago.
    I have a sansui au20000 that had the driver boards fried. Ended up with Kale(Croatia) fixing me up with 2 new driver boards custom made. Now I need to have those boards adjusted to 35mv. Do you do this kind of work ?
    I can send you the procedure Kale sent me to get this done if you want.
    Thanks for letting me know whatever you decide.
    Daniel
    Hi, are you still working on Marantz 4400's? I have one that the left channel has no signal.

If not can you recommend someone.

Thanks
    Roger
    bktheking
    bktheking
    Sorry just saw this, do you still have an issue with it?
    Hi BK, I receive a Marantz 1060 tomorrow. I'm thrilled and very curious how the state of the unit is and how it will sound. My plan is to recap the amplifier, so you would help me a lot with your parts list. I know that you wouldn't use the eaxact parts from that list again, but at least would it help me to get a total list of needed parts. Thanks!
    Hi BK. I've just acquired an HK Citation Receiver which is in (mostly) great condition, from the original owner. One unfortunate thing is that two of the original tone control knobs have inexplicably been replaced with smaller knobs. I know that this is a rare beast, but do you know of anyone who might have originals I can get, or 'aftermarket' replacements that are close enough to the original? Thanks, Nick
    BK,

Are you still restoring Sansui AU-717's? Mine has been boxed up and ready to ship for some time. I need to have it brought back to life. Please let me know if you're available.

Thanks,

Gregg
    Hi bk, I have a Marantz 1060, great cosmetic condition, it looks like someone has done some work on it, but has the original coupling and power caps. I have some electronics experience, but this will be my first restore. I have been spending my time reading all the 1060 threads. I understand your parts list is dated at this point, but I would be grateful if you could PM it to me. Thanks!
    Hey, thanks for the Kenwood KR-1000 Service Manual! It was the best quality scan I could find. :)
    Hello BK! I found your Marantz 1060 restoration thread here, do you still have the BOM/parts list? I would be very grateful if you PM'd it to me. Such terrific work!
    bktheking
    bktheking
    I have the list but it’s old - Panasonic caps that id never use today.
    S
    SX9000
    Hello BK, I'd like to see that list too, if possible. I'm putting together a parts list for my own 1060 rebuild and I'm interested in the the transistors you chose. Also, what would you prefer over the Panasonics if you were to do it again?
    Hello! I found a RCA Model 50 that you posted about. I'm familiar with guitar tube amps but not old radios. I have the schematic and am pretty resourceful. Wondering if you could help out with the vertical rectangular caps. I have tested it and it works as is but want to change all the caps in it for a start. Cheers from TBay and thanks in advance for your time :)
    Dear BK
    the reason i am writing is because I'd like to restore a Marantz 1060 following your steps (like in the thread " a very nice 1060 restoration" )
    very frankly, I am not a lot into electronics but am learning and for this work it would be very easier if you could share the your BOM list
    I hope you can make me happy
    thanks
    Carlo
    Hi would just like to express my appreciation for the excellent work that was done on my pioneer sa-9900 thank you .
    bktheking
    bktheking
    I'm happy you're happy! enjoy!
    did you ever find a lamp bezel for your Kenwood? I'm still looking for one for a ka-6000
    follow up, the meter does not center on a no signal area. maybe an alignment is in order!
    The meter centers fine with no station present but goes below for proper tuning. Most stations tune stereo just fine but not all. thanks again, Jeff
    Hi BK, Would you know where the discriminator coil is in a Kenwood KT-7000? I'm trying to align the tuning meter and think this may be my problem. thanks so much.
    Jeff
    Hi there bk, I as wondering if you happen to have nma/nmc 1012 transistor pair for an au919, sansui this is. Thanks a lot in advance.
    bktheking
    bktheking
    I don't sorry, they went with the unit I rebuilt.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom