Recent content by BlackSwamp

1. BlackSwamp

7070 Cabinet dimensions? same as 9090?

I've googled but I can't seem to confirm or deny this. Is the 7070 the same size as the 8080 and 9090, or more importantly, is the wood cabinet that houses them the same size. Thanks, Brad
  2. BlackSwamp

Cost to repair 2275

Like someone said earlier, do yourself a favor and do the recap/restore at the same time. it'll be cheaper and you'll never look back. that unit's worth it.
  3. BlackSwamp

$ value of repairs??

Yeah, I'm with Dr. Audio: somewhere around $450 for a 9090db done right. I charge $350ish for Marantz 22xx two channel stuff (unless it's really small) that includes the filter caps and prices go up from there. And yeah, a good tech that's been around this stuff ~ 9-10 hours is about right.
  4. BlackSwamp

Todd Snider & the Nervous Wrecks

I've seen Todd three times. His latest album, "Agnostic Tales and Stoner Fables" is a Masterpiece. Some of the best songwriting PERIOD. He's easily in my top five artists as well. As a songwriter, he takes a back seat to no one, not even Dylan.
  5. BlackSwamp

Marantz repair in Metro Detroit

My tech is a Marantz regular, been restoring and repairing for well over 7 years. we are located just West of Toledo.
  6. BlackSwamp

Marantz Restorer on eBay

First off: Skylab, thanks for the kind words and glad to here it's been doing the job. Glad to here everything is well with you too EW, I have been making more of an effort to stop in here lately. So many posts and so much of it interests me for pleasure or business, I can get lost in here...
  7. BlackSwamp

Marantz Restorer on eBay

Going great...for fun, I've been on the other side of this whole thing lately...playing music on my guitar more than listening. Life is good, wife and kid are both happy and healthy, as am I most days. How about you?
  8. BlackSwamp

Marantz Restoration

He's farming some out. I've spoken with Randy and he's doing this the right way. He seems to really be working hard to make the "wrongs" of his predecessor right. as for a tech...PM sent.
  9. BlackSwamp

Marantz 2275 volume static

Google "using deoxit to clean controls" or something similar...tons of threads here and elsewhere on how to do it.
  10. BlackSwamp

Marantz Restorer on eBay

Echowars is correct, I do have a tech doing the work. I taught him everything he knows (kidding) and he quickly surpassed me. He's been working for me for almost ten years, the last 5-7 almost exclusively as a tech. I'm a tube guy...he's mostly solid state...it's a strange marriage. He's...
  11. BlackSwamp

Bass horns

3 x 2 X 5 seems reasonable to me!!!
  12. BlackSwamp

Bass horns

Yep, Jensen Imperials...I made a pair. They must be heard to be appreciated.
  13. BlackSwamp

Marantz Cabinet Data

Hello all, Thought some of you might find this info useful when building or locating a cabinet for your vintage Marantz. I don't have any dimensions here for the feet holes but if you have the unit, it's very easy to prep the bottom for feet. Hope this is useful! A quick google search...
  14. BlackSwamp

Cabinet or Cabinet Specs/Measurements (WC-122) for Marantz 2226B

Wc122 from 22 plans the only difference is where the back feet sit. If the specs are good enough on that link build it to those specs minus the holes for the back feet...pull your bottom cover...align the front feet to set your drill holes...suddenly a WC-122. Hope that helps, Brad
  15. BlackSwamp

WC-22 from Black Swamp

FWIW, these reproduction cabinets are made from walnut plywood as opposed to veneering over cheaper materials. The bottom piece is made from the same plywood. The beveled front is made from solid walnut, a half inch thick all the way around. As can be seen in stereofisher's post the solid walnut...
Back
Top Bottom