Recent content by blfttieq

1. blfttieq

Magnavox Consoles/Late 50s-Early 60s (Warning: Lg. Files)

I have a Magnavox 480M and need to find a Schematic/Owners Manual and or gather any info I can.
  2. blfttieq

Kenwood L09M Repair, Refurbish, Upgrades, Questions.

Sorry just got round to checking on this post. I can say nothing about high frequency since I have just this one and use it for sub amp. But My hum is completely gone. The dynamics from the sub and the tightness with the rest of the system is improved after listening to it a lot now. I can not...
  3. blfttieq

15-yr.-old a/v receiver: fix it or not?

Well fellas got her back together with new relays and all the most important caps upgraded. Had to stuff the main caps in there. I found numerous solder joint issues. I have no audible hum. I'm not going to say it sounds drastically better. It does sound cleaner and quicker. Things that have...
  4. blfttieq

Regarding the Rx-V3000 have you checked the flux capacitor for crystal skull oxidation? Deoxit could clean it... I know but I couldn't resistor....... :banana:
  5. blfttieq

My parts come to about 55 bucks. Maybe Christmas I can get a better reciever. I have audiophile taste on a low low budget. Lol
  6. blfttieq

Guys what is TOTL? Found it top of the line..lmao
  7. blfttieq

I agree. If the money was in my pocket I'd buy the Onkyo 820 599 at Crutchfield
  8. blfttieq

New DIY 8 ohm load bank

:jump: And be arrested while jamming down...
  9. blfttieq

I'm currently going through my 17 yr old vsx d850s. It started humming. When I broke it all down I found the following. Main caps pair, one was starting to swell up. Then on the main board and the regulator board I found Numerous fractured solder joints. Not component failures, just 17 yrs of...
  10. blfttieq

New DIY 8 ohm load bank

I'm still working on mine. I've decided to weld some pipe bungs and run cold water through the tank. In at the top pointed at the element and out the bottom. The bottom pipe will go up above the inlet through a copper coil and dump into a cooler full of ice water with the pump submerged there...
  11. blfttieq

I have the amp working well but learned a few things. Thermal gun, the issue is Qe8 running hot. That heat was being sucked into the cooling tunnel at the joint between shield and heat sink. So the Sanken are good to go. Repairing the protection circuit got rid of the worst sound I was hearing...
  12. blfttieq

She is running with almost no hum now. It does not noticeably sound better than before having issues, but I was happy with it before. No smoke no sparks protection working. DC offset at zero to .001 and a greenish meter glow that shows the meter without distracting from the tv.
  13. blfttieq

got her plugged in and ran a bit no smoke no sparks fan now runs totally silent on low and hope it does not ever need the higher setting. Set bias to 33 mv, set dc offset to .001 I've learned this I Love these amps Using my thermal gun I can see the heatsink get hotter in one spot as I adjust...
  14. blfttieq

Ok ready for testing. Well almost. got to get my "big dummy" finished & really want to replace the 28 volt zeners as I've read more on Audio Karma. I'm down the page on the link above.
  15. blfttieq

Ok good on Mouser the 2nd go round. The first shipment the caps were loose in a bubble wrap pouch and beat on each other. These were proper individually wrapped. Now they look purty enough to install. Drooling
Back
Top Bottom