1. Help AK bring Christmas to families without any cheer, this holiday season. Visit the AK Charities & Christmas forum, have some fun, buy some great stuff, and help Ms Grumpy put smiles on the faces of some kids of all ages.
    Dismiss Notice
blhagstrom
Last Activity:
Jan 16, 2017 at 10:06 PM
Media:
Quality Assurance Software Engineer

Share This Page

blhagstrom

Mad Scientist, fixer., from Duvall, Washington

Subscriber

Did you physically check the boards? Dec 6, 2015

blhagstrom was last seen:
Viewing thread, Jan 16, 2017 at 10:06 PM
    1. stevew1953
      stevew1953
      stevew1953 I'm repairing a Bose 1800 and need to replace a leaky 102433 device. Reluctant to replace all 14 with MJ15011. Any chance you could let me have a couple? Ex equipment is OK!

Thanks

Steve (UK)
      Different email below!

tonmeister53@gmail.com
    2. stevew1953
      stevew1953
      I'm repairing a Bose 1800 and need to replace a leaky 102433 device. Reluctant to replace all 14 with MJ15011. Any chance you could let me have a couple? Ex equipment is OK!

Thanks

Steve (UK)

tonmeister53@talktalk.net
    3. 9942723
      Hi,
      I have two Yamaha M-80 amps that I want some help with. I am in Fall City, WA. Do you work on other people equipment? If so, how can I contact you? My email is Brad.Canady@comcast.net

Thanks,
      Brad Canady
    4. ovalhead1
      ovalhead1
      Hi just bought a crown dc300a and was wondering if you would have a parts list of what componets you replace when you re do one and where do you purchase parts .Also wondering how involed it is .This amp is working fine right now but looking for a winter project and thinking of recaping it and whatevere else needs done.

thanks Mark
    5. C0deXeus
      C0deXeus
      Thanks for your assistance. Helped me a lot lot lot. :)
    6. steviea
      steviea
      Hello, I know your busy, so will keep it short. I have a Marantz 2285b I want gone through completely and would like to know what you charge and the wait time. steve
    7. luxmaster
      luxmaster
      Hi there. I was noticing your list of players and not sure if you selling any of your players but if you were I am interested to know how much would you sell your Sony XA-20ES for?

Thanks
      Ari
    8. vmarconcini
      vmarconcini
      I am in need of a Spec 1 volume knob and saw in an earlier post that you might have one. If so, what is the condition and availability?
    9. blhagstrom
      blhagstrom
      Did you physically check the boards?
    10. alejon
      alejon
      Hi,
      A question here regarding your post about noisy Harman Kardon receiver 330b
      You said there are few deteriorated 2sc458.
      There are no such transistor designations in the schematics I'm looking at.
      I am 100% sure the noise is coming from the preamp section, there is one 2sc644 and one 2sc828 there.
      Can you recommend a good replacement?
      OK, many thanks!
    11. sgibson389
      sgibson389
      I saw on an old thread on Dahqulist DQ-10's you said something about bad midrange rubber surrounds. Did you replace these?
    12. Mr.Vinyl1965
    13. ampex6973
      ampex6973
      Hi,
      Any advice on mods for the Ampex 6973 mono amps ?
    14. Teradacto58
      Teradacto58
      How's life treating you? Find any new electronic treasures lately?? You move back to the PNW yet?
    15. cfinchrist
      cfinchrist
      Hey Blaine, How are you? I will be sending you another payment soon. I have a question. Did you have to repair any of those sensor switches on your Philips Labs. preamp?
    16. Scotteboy
      Scotteboy
      Hi and thanks for the PM, I did reply on the forum but overall I was quite careful and was not expecting the problem. I crossed the original and went through all 581 subs but only found a few that matched up tightly but not to say it could not have worked or that there was not a burn through on a leg or similar! Thanks!
    17. jmuller1543
      jmuller1543
      Hello Blaine;

I was referred to you by bktheking, here in Ottawa. I am looking for a quad receiver, and he tells me that you have two Marantz 4270's for sale. I am interested in the one that you have done some work on. Can you tell me about its condition and post some photos?

Thanks,
      Jerome
    18. Mister Pig
      Mister Pig
      Hi

I am trying to see if JTS possible to get a pair of NBL 4330 speakers from a fellow AK member. I a in the tried cities and could come up to moses lake or ritzville in i-90. Seller is greg86z28 and is in arvada Colorado. He might be able to get up to i-90 to make an exchange. Just trying to see if the logistics can be worked out.

Regarded
      John
    19. cfinchrist
      cfinchrist
      So Blaine,
      If you are ever down my way again, how much would you charge me to re lamp a Sansui 2000X? I was also wondering about converting to LED's...would you be willing/able to do that? Of course I would pay you something to do it. Let me know if you are the least bit interested. Chris
    20. cfinchrist
      cfinchrist
      If I was made of money I would offer to buy the Philips pre, just because I like that Philips gear and I have a pair of the Philips speakers from that era. Sounds like you made a haul for sure. I looked at pictures of the Marantz 500, that is really nice.
  • About

Quality Assurance Software Engineer
    Farm boy, Phd computer science, fix everything

Currently, fixing vintage stereo gear.

Signature

Favorite Gear: Everything I can get my hands on.
    (Gawd knows I have, do and will waste a lot more money in many other ways.)

Favorite Quote: "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"