Recent content by blind bruce

1. B

new subs, bad vibes

My new Paradigms realy rock bur so does my ceiling tiles! Is there any way to stop or minimize the annoying rattle?
  2. B

Zero Stat preferred method for LPs

I have seen and heard several methods of using a Zero Stat to remove static charges from LPs. They do tend to contradict each other. My own way is to hold the record by the edge and then place it on the turntable. Some prefer to leave the record on the turntable while pulling AND releasing the...
  3. B

phono cart choice

My "newest" cartridge is a V15 type5 with a broken stylus. Is there a more modern choice of cart for my Sony psx7 or should I try a replacement stylus?
  4. B

Multiple subwoofers?

I have a 20 X 30 foot carpeted listening room. I have a paradigm p1000 12incg sub between 2 paradigm p95 towers. I listen to classical music mostly and find the bass a bit thin. My question is: would a second sub be any better than just turning up the level control on the existing sub? How about...
  5. B

Upgrade?

Is the Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE preamp still made? I haven't been able to find one.
  6. B

Upgrade?

I have the following Moon equipment and would like to upgrade to include a balance control in the preamp. I also have Paradigm 95 speakers. Neo 330A amp Neo 260D CD player Neo 350PD3 Are there any suggestions for a replacement preamp (or a whole new setup) with a balance control and...
  7. B

Speaker placement rules of thumb

OK so far but what about toe in, that is important as well is it not.
  8. B

Speaker placement rules of thumb

My system is in my basement. It is fully carped, acoustic tile ceiling, several cabinets and pictures on the walls, and measures 20X30 feet. Due to supporting pillars, my Paradigm 95s are along the center of the long wall. I have them 12 inches away from the wall and spaced 10 feet apart with a...
  9. B

Marantz TR2242

This tuner seems to have lost sensitivity on FM. Does anybody know where I can a manual or schematic?
  10. B

recomended high end headphones

I listened to Senheizers,AKGs, Grados, and audioquests. All were blind tests without my knowledge of price or manufacturer. I was having a tough time deciding when the salesman brought a new pair for me to try. I was blown away with the sounds I was hearing with the same music I was listening to...
  11. B

I know it has a separate headphone jack on the front panel but it is not known of the quality of the amp. It was a $900 option and came with the phono package.
  12. B

OK folks, I am going to audition several this week. As an aside, doesn't my Moon 350p already have a dedicated headphone amp? 73 BB
  13. B

I find the need for using headphones for the first time. Dealer has them ranging in price from$40 to$5000. I will go there when I can to audition them. I am leaning for the $5000 ones before I listen to them but I wonder if they have any inherent problems such as poor service or poor comfort...
  14. B

Sony PSx-6 cart recommend?

Pink Floyd ALWAYS needs to be cranked, I learned that from my kids and the Bose 901s!!!!
  15. B

Sony PSx-6 cart recommend?

My choice of music is classical, early jazz trios, and big band. Hard to choose which I listen to the most. All my vinyl is very clean and about half are direct to disc.
Back
Top Bottom