Bluelobster
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Dude
    Better late than never I guess. I just saw your PM, sorry it took so long to get back.
    The Gold Aero I know nothing about, in fact this is the first I heard they made that tube.
    The type III EI KT90 can be a good tube if it's from early in the run or put togeather correctly, as manufacturing quality slipped pretty quickly when the third variation began. The only way to tell, that I can surmise, is to plug them in and see if they red plate at normal operating ranges. If they run fine I'm sure they will sound good! Jim was hot on these when they first came out.
    Jim McShane is who I got my first 2 quads of type II's from. I've picked up a few others since. I bought a Citation II just to get the tubes, got the amp for a 40% discount.
    Regards
    Mike
    Aloha Blue Lobster,

Can you tell me more about the Ei KT90 Type II tube? I've just purchased an old quad from someone who got them with his Sonic Frontiers amp, thought them bright, then stashed them for several years. These are the Gold Aero KT99A tubes. He threw in 5 singles that came out of his SF monoblocks he bought used.

I understand from one post by EvAnna Manley that these were Manley rejects remounted on brown bases and rebranded.

Finally, I've located 8 Ei KT90 Type III tubes, but haven't decided, trying to get more info on the problems with Type III. Did you get your info from Jim McShane?

I bought a used quad of Type III, one of which immediately red-plated and was never stable. The others seem normal, however.

Please advise if you have the time.

Mahalo,

Garrett
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom