Recent content by bluemooze

1. B

I would like to understand how to make an informed buying decision on a phono cartridge.

And as a bonus, a perfect match for the Denon 47F turntable.
  2. B

Phono Preamps.

Lounge LCR III :thumbsup:
  3. B

Wisdom of putting a $1200 cart on an SL-1500C?

Any component you add to your system should be of the highest quality you can afford. That way the overall quality of your system will constantly improve one piece at a time. If you match new components to the level of your current system its overall quality will always be the same. Unless...
  4. B

New to TTs and bought a NOS Technics SL-QD33. Anything I should check before using it?

Sorry but I'm unfamiliar with the EPC-P30.
  5. B

New to TTs and bought a NOS Technics SL-QD33. Anything I should check before using it?

An excellent turntable, congratulations. Try the turntable before you go fixing anything. Depending on how it was stored it may work just fine. Sometimes you can find NOS Stanton/Pickering P-mount cartridges on eBay. $200-$400. Worth looking into. Good luck.
  6. B

Jerold Raskin R.I.P.

RIP
  7. B

Looking for the best pressed vinyl to judge my setup

"Handel - Messiah" performed by the Choir Of Christ Church Cathedral, Oxford and the Academy Of Ancient Music led by Christopher Hogwood on L'Oiseau-Lyre.
  8. B

Let's talk about Pickering V-15 and Stanton 500 carts...

I'm not sure what to look for, but I'm not seeing any kind of wire. Can you help me locate it? :)
  9. B

Mysterious Pickering XV-15

I was converted to Stanton/Pickering cartridges a few years ago. They have the best sound to my ears. :thumbsup:
  10. B

How do I set overhang?

The problem I've run into in the past (most likely because I'm an idiot) is this: I start at the R2=120 position and jiggle the cartridge until it's aligned properly. Then I move to the R1=66 position and jiggle the cartridge until it's aligned properly. Then I double check the R2=120...
  11. B

New (to me) Technics SL-QD33

Great turntable - congratulations. :)
  12. B

stanton681eees is very ill and in the Hospital

Sad news. Best wishes for him.
Back
Top Bottom