Recent content by BluePhantom2

1. BluePhantom2

Old Sony TT stuck on 45RPM

Okay I ran a continuity test on the switch and it worked fine, until I pressed it to the other position and it barely passed a signal. A new switch should be here in the next couple weeks
  2. BluePhantom2

Any way to validate that it is indeed the switch before I order a replacement?
  3. BluePhantom2

I’ve got an old Sherwood (not Sony, sorry. Didn’t notice when I posted and I cant change the title) p-903R and it’s respective receiver, I’d love to use them as a pair but I’m stuck on my old Sony TT because the P-903R is stuck on 45. I’ve pressed the switch over and over and it doesn’t change-...
  4. BluePhantom2

Interesting basement find.......

I’ve already decided and put into motion a plan to get it back across state to be refurbished in my shop. I’ll be starting a new thread for the restoration process once it’s back home and ready for some love and attention.
  5. BluePhantom2

Marantz model 112

Well now I feel stupid. Should’ve picked up the amp too. At least now I know
  6. BluePhantom2

Marantz model 112

Somebody else came by and snatched it for full price before I could even go get cash out. Oh well. Does a tape in/out work to hook up an EQ for all the channels?
  7. BluePhantom2

Marantz model 112

Alright good to know. I’ve been assuming that Marantz is gunna be the way to go, they fit the aesthetic I want perfectly and all I seem to hear is pretty good things about them.
  8. BluePhantom2

Got an update to the story- plugged it in and it works! Tuner is way out of calibration. Turn table doesn’t spin but needle works, one of the speakers is blown out. Sounds like a massive but cool restoration project
  9. BluePhantom2

Amature audiophile. High school kid trying to get into way too many hobbies at the same time

Amature audiophile. High school kid trying to get into way too many hobbies at the same time
  10. BluePhantom2

Here’s some additional photos of the back of the unit.
  11. BluePhantom2

Marantz model 112

Well I’m having one hell of a weekend for audio equipment. On my way home from doing a donations run to good will I came across an estate sale. They had two good looking speakers, a Marantz amp and a Marantz 112 tuner. Amp didn’t have the output and input for an EQ like I want so I skipped it...
  12. BluePhantom2

I remember my grandpa telling me a story about this thing. He told me that when he bought it it was “top of the line” and that it was one of the first to include a solid state amp. Could be worth saving just for that fact or restor it and sell to a collector of GE gear maybe?
  13. BluePhantom2

Sherwood audio system

Well thank you sir. That was my first plan. I hate too much to let good audio equipment go to waste!
  14. BluePhantom2

Sherwood audio system

S-1900. I recon I might roll these back across the state just to give them a shot and if they suck I’ll just sell them
  15. BluePhantom2

Sherwood audio system

Any idea about how old this stuff might be? Nothing in the manual or anything has a date on it.
Back
Top Bottom