Recent content by bluescat

1. bluescat

Bose 901 Equalizer problems!

Yes absolutely clean with power off. I guess that "didn't" go without saying!!
  2. bluescat

Bose 901 Equalizer problems!

Try cleaning the RCA inputs/outputs on the back of the eq, if not already done. Use deoxit to do this. After spraying the inputs/outputs insert and remove the rca cables using a twisting motion a couple dozen times and then respray with deoxit and after it dries try it out.
  3. bluescat

RSiii A question

Most likely your crossover pots are corroded and need cleaning. THE 3a's and3b's use the same drivers, if cleaning the pots don't cure the problem.
  4. bluescat

What kind of abomination is this?

Stick the RCA end in the ground and plug the other end in. In about an hour or so, you can go fishing.
  5. bluescat

How long would be fair to give a proposed buyer, who has not responded to my offer of tubes..

If you snooze, you loose, is the way I would handle it!!
  6. bluescat

Streaming music is starting to skip or hesitate for a second.

I have this problem when I stream from Amazon Alexa. I don't have the problem when streaming from my computer, go figure!
  7. bluescat

Crown class D 2ch amps..any good?

I have 2 xls 1500's, I like them, but I'm not an audiophile.
  8. bluescat

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

"Black Pistol Fire" on u tube.
  9. bluescat

When is enough,enough?

As long as a band is releasing an album of "NEW" material, I don't see a thing wrong with it. You can usually preview the content of the album online, and if you don't like it, don't buy it. All this remastering of old material though, is just a way for the artist to stay busy and keep the...
  10. bluescat

Have You Passed Some Line Of Demarcation When You Start Listening To NPR?

I think we all get to that point eventually. I never reached that point during my working years, when I had a 45 minute commute each way. Now that I am retired, I rarely turn on the radio in my truck. Being retired, I listen to music during most of my day(s), so I find it relaxing to drive in...
  11. bluescat

Surround doping... why?

I think Retrovert has it right. I have KLH 17's and 23's that I re-doped a few years ago, without confirming that the speakers actually needed re-doping. I'm sure that I'll be the contrarian here, but just re-doping without confirming the need to do so, may leave you with speakers that you do...
  12. bluescat

I got some new parts

Good picture of your knee (re)cap. Get well soon!!
  13. bluescat

But My Ears Say “NO!”

+1,what Ken said.
  14. bluescat

re cap=crap

yup, have a pair of klh 23's that I recapped and doped the surrounds at the same time. I don't know which ruined the sound(for me) but I rarely listen to them anymore. I bought them new, around 1972, so I know what they are supposed to sound like, and they do not sound like new now.
  15. bluescat

US marines missing after aircraft 'mishap' off Japan

Very sad indeed!! It seems as if there are a lot of training accidents lately, more so, than in the past! Can't help but wonder, "what's going on"? C-130's, at one time were one of the safest aircraft in the US arsenal, but there have been several crashes in recent years. I remember flying in a...
Back
Top Bottom