Recent content by bluestime

1. bluestime

Unpopular opinion

Marantz equipment is worth every penny.
  2. bluestime

Today's Blues Playlist

3. bluestime

Has anyone found a pair of speakers and said "I'm done"?

not a pair but I went to an estate sale and bought a single 604d for $15, at the time I was had Klipsch heresy's with a sub. It didn't take long but I realized the only way I could make it better was to buy another 604d. The second one set me back $900 on ebay and I had to build new cabinets(the...
  4. bluestime

Sansui 3000a worth it???

I've had a couple of them and I think the value would depend on what has been done. The factory recommended mod is not for someone just getting into repair but a lot of them have already been done by a recall that Sansui paid for. If you take the bottom cover off and see a couple large caps, it...
  5. bluestime

Today's Blues Playlist

excellent album
  6. bluestime

Science fiction books that would make great movies

I would like to see a movie of " Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert Heinlein
  7. bluestime

Happy Birthday grillebilly!

Happy birthday gb
  8. bluestime

Today's Blues Playlist

9. bluestime

Today's Blues Playlist

10. bluestime

Favorite John Mayall album?

Blues From Laurel Canyon
  11. bluestime

Miles Davis sealed but damaged record cover.. Open or not?

A great album. I would open it and play. You might also confirm it's a 6 eye ( probably is) and take a look at the matrix number. My copy is 1A, 1A.
  12. bluestime

The rarest speakers you own or have owned?

I have a pair of ADC 450A speakers. IMHO they are better than Bose 901, Time Frame 400, Time Frame 600, Herseys, ADS 810 ADS 710, KLH 28, and several other speakers that have come and gone over the last few years. They are a 2 way that outpreforms all these.
  13. bluestime

Technics SL-1301 speed problem

Yes, the plater moves befor the tone arm.
  14. bluestime

Technics SL-1301 speed problem

I have an sl1301 and it starts fast. I think one of the features of this TT is that it reaches correct speed within 1/2 a revolution, but I'm not sure of that.
Back
Top Bottom