Recent content by BmWr75

1. BmWr75

Apple AirPod Pros (1st gen)

Screwed by Apple again!! February 9, 2021 - purchase Apple AirPods Pro March 9, 2024 - left pod rattles like a busted speaker. Been doing this for a while, but thought they just needed charging. March 28, 2024 - Apple Support sends me to Tupelo MS (100 mile roundtrip) for a warranty repair...
  2. BmWr75

Clayton Shaw Caladan speakers - anyone take possession of a new pair?

I placed an order on December 8, 2023. Speakers were suppose to ship in March. Guess that is still possible. :) Not holding my breath though.
  3. BmWr75

Passing the PAS2/3: Ultimate upgrade for the PAS Dynaco Preamp?

Bypassing the tone controls on my PAS2 (after recap and power supply upgrades) was the biggest single change affecting audio fidelity I could hear.
  4. BmWr75

Collections: What Do You Have That Is NON-Audio related?

Emerson electric fans from the 1910s-1940s.
  5. BmWr75

Chinese tube bias tester

The tube on the left looks like it might be red plating. Or maybe it is just a bad seam letting the heater glow through.
  6. BmWr75

Pre-amp tube recommendations

Bartertown is a Subscriber only area where equipment, tubes, media, etc. are bought/sold by other Subscribers.
  7. BmWr75

Pre-amp tube recommendations

Two very nice E88CC/6DJ8 variants were for sale in Bartertown Parts just this last weekend, Amperex 6922 pair that went for $102 shipped. Might want to become an AK subscriber and watch for nice tubes in Bartertown.
  8. BmWr75

Magnepan LRS plus crossover upgrade.

I watched that LRS+ upgrade video from G&R yesterday. Then went and found the video for the LRS he made a couple of years ago. My hesitancy is having to remove the wood trim and pull the sock up to access the existing crossover location. Am awfully proficient at breaking delicate stuff like...
  9. BmWr75

Sansui G 5500

Vintage receivers like the 5500 need to be refurbished, capacitor replacement mainly. Take it to a qualified technician if you have one near you.
  10. BmWr75

Is high power a waste at low to medium volume?

"Never has so much been said, about so little, for so long." to quote a buddy of mine years ago. :)
  11. BmWr75

My first integrated tube amp suggestions

I'd go with the Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II you can get locally. Great price. Your speakers are pretty low sensitivity, but the Cronus is a powerful tube integrated.
  12. BmWr75

Vintage tube amp THD

Telling us the THD without providing the power output # for the THD measurement is kind of meaningless.
  13. BmWr75

Compact powered book shelve speakers

I had some AudioEngine A5s for about 15 years before the amp for one channel died. https://audioengine.com/?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwwYSwBhDcARIsAOyL0fj8aGBjdTpWBjTJHwfGjt-D-MOi85UtskYM0WhvdEaxZ5nkzIAiEFUaAvuVEALw_wcB
  14. BmWr75

Simple, high quality tube amp designs for the modern era?

Analog Ethos sells great kits and the best assembly instructions I've come across so far. Built one of their Legendarium amps last week. https://www.analogethos.com/diytubekit
Back
Top Bottom