Recent content by Bob in WI

1. B

Audio Absurdity Award Goes To....

Ya - time to move on I think.
  2. B

Audio Absurdity Award Goes To....

I hope to make it to Axpona this year. Maybe I'll get to hear what absurd sounds like. Hoping to hear all kinds of absurd, ridiculous & unnecessary. It'll be awesome.
  3. B

APT Holman preamp notes

From time to time I wonder about trying something else but I don't feel I'm missing much if anything. If I improved the rest of my equipment, I'd probably have to look more seriously at moving upmarket.
  4. B

Suggestions for an especially detailed power amp under $1000, new or used?

I had read that he retired but that was clearly incorrect. Those do look pretty sharp.
  5. B

I have not heard any of Davids work. I would like to someday. A trip upstate NY would not be out of the question.
  6. B

Want to hire a band?

Some of those acts got to be pretty good. :) Thats quite the list. Thanks for posting - time capsule in letter form.
  7. B

It looks like the inside of a watch. I guess its a love it or leave it kind of thing.
  8. B

APT Holman preamp notes

If you can get past his "quirkiness", Vince at Audioproz in MA makes magic w these. When operating properly these are nice crisp pre amps. I'm a big fan. GLWS
  9. B

Revitalizing AK

I saw it on E Bay & the seller says he knows how to pack it so it arrives w no damage. :)
  10. B

Revitalizing AK

Not too many people care that much about tubas & trombones. :)
  11. B

green glue directly to studs

FWIW, I had rug underlayment left over. The underlayment is felt on a rubber backing. I cut this & stapled it to the wall studs/ installed the drywall over it. There is no spot where the drywall touches a stud - obviously, the fasteners pierce the drywall & the stud. When you bang on the dry...
  12. B

Do I want HD Radio?

In my biased view, the problem w FM radio isn't the sound quality, its the programming. FM now is what AM uses to be. I can't imagine whats on AM. That said, there are a few low power alt FM music stations in the Milwaukee market. I'm just a bit too far from the city to get them...
  13. B

Moving way too much equipment

Yup. Might have to be different for a cross country move tho.
  14. B

New vs Old in the real world (speaker edition)

Yup. $399. All the speaker anyone will ever need. :)
  15. B

Roku locking Roku TV's unless their new TOS are agreed to.

Its not like Apple is an impartial observer. I get lots of requests to agree to new TOS. I never reply but expect that continuing to use the product is read as acceptance. Have not noticed Roku sending TOS change notice. Maybe its only for Roku TVs??
Back
Top Bottom