Recent content by Bob T

1. Bob T

My First (and Second) Speaker Refurbs - KLH Model 5 and AR 2AX

Nice, Joe....Very, very nice. Can't wait to see them in person.
  2. Bob T

Audiophiles and Motorcycles

I don't know...I only own four motorcycles at this time... I've had two K1100RSs...a '95, and a '96...great bikes. Still miss them and measure all other bikes against them.
  3. Bob T

DO YOU USE EAR PLUGS AT ROCK CONCERTS?

Mostly what I hear from my passenger is "Slow down!" or "I need to stop at a restroom."
  4. Bob T

Which is still crazy, considering the fully insulated modern car and high volume stereos don't let you hear anything outside of the car.
  5. Bob T

Those laws where written by those that don't ride. There is nothing better than riding to your favorite tunes. For me, it makes me a more relaxed, better rider. Plus, it is connected to our intercom system, so my wife and I can talk, and the GPS system, so I can listen instead of looking down at...
  6. Bob T

I never think to bring a pair, until we are at the show. Many times we've been right up at the stage, next to a speaker, in a small venue with a loud band thinking, "I wish we brought ear plugs." So thanks for the reminder. We are going to see the Screaming Females in two weeks, so I am going...
  7. Bob T

Favorite Bourbon

I hear you. My first bottle of Blanton's was $47....since then I've paid as high as $79.
  8. Bob T

Favorite Bourbon

Well, you are only 4 1/2 hours away. Stop by, and I'd be glad to share.:D
  9. Bob T

Favorite Bourbon

Just checked the cabinet, and found bottle of Weller 107, way in the back. Must have forgotten it was there.:p Also have a few other things tucked away in that cabinet...;)
  10. Bob T

Favorite Bourbon

? I like Buffalo Trace, but there are plenty others in the price range just as good or better...However...I am glad you found what you wanted...So enjoy!
  11. Bob T

Favorite Bourbon

Good to know. I can usually find it closer to home, (we are east of Broadway, north of 640), and I can often find it Bob's when down that way, but it is good to have a back up. Beside, I have never been to Middlebrook and should check it out.
  12. Bob T

Favorite Bourbon

Yes, I can always find Buffalo Trace in Knoxville. Blanton's pops occasionally, but you have to act fast, and it does go for $65-80 a bottle. (I do have a couple bottles put away). Weller I find more often than Blanton's, but it also goes out of the stores fast. Sazerac Rye is another that...
  13. Bob T

What are you drinking now?

A short glass of Saverac Rye....
  14. Bob T

What would cause a DD turntable to require a push start?

Thanks Harolda for the information, but I fixed the problem last November, and it is working fine. See post #27 above.
Back
Top Bottom