bobaloniny
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• How did a cleaning fix the stereo light?
    bobaloniny
    bobaloniny
    Besides cleaning the tuner shaft where it passes through the frame, I also gave a little deoxit to the open trimmers in the tuner section, spinning them back and forth a few times being careful to return them to exactly where they were. Done this on a few actually with success.
    Hi Bob, read a post of your back in 2012 about the Hitachi HiFi Unit Selector you scored. I had been searching for one for awhile now and finally found one. Are you still using yours and was wondering if you found anymore history on these units? I assume they were a store display back in the 70's but there is absolutely no information that I was able to find. Thanks Allan
    bobaloniny
    bobaloniny
    Howdo Allan, I still use that unit, mostly as a speaker selector now. I really don;t know any more about it, just always assumed it was for store use. It works well and I guess that's what counts. I also have a huge Concorde unit thats 5 amps,5 speakers and 5 sources, with a corded remote. More complex as it has jewels indicators and electro mechanical contactors. Anyway, all good fun right?
    I just got my first can of Deoxit. I cleaned the contacts, and the teeny wire connections on the cartridge. The contacts still have a bit of a tarnished appearance. Tested it and played in stereo first attempt. Will give it a good work out on my days off. Thanks, Roy
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom