Bobby1970
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• No worries Bobby. Sorry to hear about the cafe. Wishing you and your wife the best. Take care of your sinuses and keep me updated.
    Bobby1970
    Bobby1970
    Hi Paul, I cant give you any feedback yet regarding my C1 cleaning, me & my wife are still in the sorting and cleaning process from the stuff we gathered from our computer shop, we're selling some other unnecessary things, hope you're doing fine now..
    We closed our small internet cafe cause things are not the same as 4 years ago especially that we are only renting the place.
    I was not able to look in this page the past two days, my wife and I had to dismantle and move a lot of stuff.
    Hi Bobby,

Got the tuner off the bench. Will try to look at the C-1 tomorrow night.

Take Care,
    Paul
    Bobby1970
    Bobby1970
    So sorry to cause you these hassles. I was not able to look in this page the past two days, my wife and I had to dismantle and move a lot of stuff. We closed our small internet cafe cause things are not the same as 4 years ago especially that we are only renting the place. My sinuses and asthma got me again. Be well Paul. pardon me for my writing, am really new to this type thing..
    Hi Bobby,

I currently have a Pioneer tuner on my bench. The tuner chassis doesn't have a removable bottom panel so I had to remove all the internals to access the bottom of the main board . When I complete it that will free up the bench so I can look at the C-1. Unfortunately I just don't have the energy tonight. I have a bad cold and bruised ribs. Hopefully I will have the energy after work tomorrow night.
    Bobby1970
    Bobby1970
    Am not home yet, but I think they're the same, grayish thing the last time I looked at it, that I believe would be a hassle taking out cleaning contacts inside. Paul could you also teach me how to clean the other push buttons on the C1 such as the brown/blue colored ones in the picture? Thanks again, I know you're also busy..
    Tripqzon
    Tripqzon
    You don't want to disassemble them if you don't have to or have a weak heart. Lol! That's why I recommend the tiny hole method. I have a third C-1 currently not in use. I will take a look at it, hopefully tonight, and figure out the easiest approach for both types of switches. I usually like to open one up to look for a safe place to drill the hole, hopefully without sacrificing the switch.
    Are you able to send me a photo of the switch assembly? I'd like to verify what the top of the switch looks like. Carver was known for not being consistent in parts choices, even on the same equipment. And yes, a branded contact cleaner should be fine so long as it is safe on plastics.
    Bobby1970
    Bobby1970
    I'll send the photos, am outside at the moment. I'll choose the cleanest shot for I am only be using a cellphone. Thanks a lot Paul.
    I did find the parts list for the BillD mod but Mouser has backorder for some parts, 17 weeks. I also found the breakdown Bill has made for each section of the C1, if I can find a local shop who sell good electronic components I'll do what you told me
    Hi Bobby,
    As far as the cleaning the Sonic Holography switch goes there is a trick I learned that can be very effective. It involves drilling a tiny hole into the top of the switch and spraying DeOxit into the switch. I've done this with great success. The hole can then be sealed with a piece of electrical tape or whatever. Would you like me to put together a tutorial with pictures or will you be all set?
    Paul
    Bobby1970
    Bobby1970
    Hi Paul,
    I have a drill and was trained to use it carefully, but that's for general use and not with electronics application. I have a concern though, I am not sure if where that hole would be, I'm afraid I might be going into a not so safe spot that something in the contacts maybe affected, please guide me. Thanks so much Paul. By the way, DeOxit is so pricey here, will a branded contact cleaner do job?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom