Recent content by Bobbyd218

1. B

Kenwood KA-8100 power cord missing....

Finally got some help with the 8100 this afternoon. I had put it aside for a few weeks while I tried to work out my electronic frustrations, ha... I ran into a friend at breakfast who got me started with this hobby some years ago, and he said to bring the amp to him and he'd see if he could...
  2. B

Well, I'm armed and dangerous with this new soldering gun. I won't do any work until there's better light tomorrow. Then I'll get some new cord and rig up a DBT. That will take a few days......I'll keep you guys posted, thanks..
  3. B

Thanks Warren, I'll head to Home Depot and see if they have it in stock.... I did take my drill to the cord clamp, reamed it out, and was able to remove it with ease. Finally, a small victory...
  4. B

Yes, I'll probably need a more professional iron than the Shack model that I have. There are so many different Weller models out there. I saw quite a few on Amazon, and Home Depot has one in a case; 100/140 watts for a bit over $30. Any recommendations, Warren? The vice grip hasn't worked...
  5. B

The fuses looked intact. And yes, someone hit them with solder.....Probably because they're vertical and possibly fell out at one time. I'm not aware of another reason. I believe I can get to the transistors without removing them. I'll have to go look at that sticky again.... I think I'll...
  6. B

Thanks Roger... I've been involved with vintage stereo for some time, but have very limited experience trying to rectify problems. My best accomplishment to date fixing electronics was TV related. My father and I have the same model older flat screen Samsung. When mine had problems, I paid...
  7. B

Thank you for the suggestions, guys... Would you please walk me through the procedure for testing the outputs and what are acceptable tolerances. I do have a DMM, and have used it only sparingly. "For testing purposes you could make a power cord with two male ends - plug one end into the amp...
  8. B

Good Day Audio Nuts, I decided to take a shot on the bay and purchased what I hope doesn't turn out to be a boat anchor. The KA-8100 will make a nice combination to my KT-8300 if the reason the power cord is cut off was just that some banana wanted to salvage the copper. But then again, I...
  9. B

Sansui au-919 VS. au-D11 ii

I have both, though neither have been reconditioned. I haven't had my D11 II running in some time, and it does need some work. But I do remember it to be the most impressive amp in my collection, and once I get it serviced, would never get rid of it....
  10. B

What you like about your Pioneer CS99-a loudspeakers ?

Hey Brian, How the hell are ya? Been up in MA and Maine quite a bit the last year keeping my lady friend company. My daughter gave up her old laptop to me, so I'll be around a bit more. I might even show my face at the gym again, ha....OK, sorry guys, off subject; won't happen again.
  11. B

What you like about your Pioneer CS99-a loudspeakers ?

I've had a pair for about 5 years. They're in storage at the moment, with their original boxes and in mint condition. They're probably the first set of speakers I'd let go; before Henry's KLH 6 or Large Advents. I was never really impressed with the 99a's. A GRAND on the bay????!!!! OMG...
  12. B

Sansui Six Stereo Receiver

Those single digit series receivers are built like tanks. My very first piece of good equipment was an Eight Deluxe in 1973, and I still have it(along with another and a Seven). Though the Six has the least power of the 3 in that series, if it sounds anything like it's big brothers, you'll be...
  13. B

Small(er) receivers with good tuners?

Go to the TIC(Tuner Information Center) site....They have a section that lists their choices of receivers with exemplary tuners...
  14. B

AU-D11II sound vs. the earlier Sansui amps

The AUD11ll may not have the same build quality as some other brick ****house amps of prior vintage, but IMHO, it's the best of anything I own...My collection includes 8 Deluxe, 7, AU719 & 919, 9090 and 9090DB for Sansui....I won't get into my other brands, but to my ears, still beats them...
  15. B

Polk RT14

Yes Brian, you've got the ones....I need more speakers like I need a hole in the head. But if we can't buy more toys, is life worth living???? ha....Any info I could find was on the RT series and their development, but no specifics on that model.
Back
Top Bottom