BobHicks
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Damn, I missed the Secret Santa again this year! Sorry don't have any idea on shirt size.
    Hey Bob, I have Bigerik in the secret santa. I was wondering if you have ever met Bigerik, and if you might know his shirt size? L? XL? Sorry for contacting out of the blue. but one must be resourceful.

by the way, I love your avatar. awesome!!!
    I have 3 full stereos, 2 of which are considered main ones really. I have my "all new" component system which is a Yamaha RX-397, Sony Double Tape Deck, Teac CD player and Denon turntable with a pair of Realistic Mach 5000's and Sony SSB-3000. My other system is older components, a Realistic STA-2000 with Mach Ones, Realistic Tape deck, Denon Tape deck, Sony MD/CD player and an Optimus turntable. My third system is my basement listener, just a Sansui 771 with 2 Realistic Minimus 7's and a Pioneer Tape deck. This one is hooked up to my computer as well for another source. All works quite well, my Sansui is giving me a little bit of trouble with FM and I might go back to using my Audio Research system and part with the Sansui.
    Hi Bob,
    Sorry to respond this late. I don't have any pictures of my 50. I found this nice photo on on the web. Let's face it, they aren't the most beautiful looking amp, but I love the way it sounds! I use mine with an EAR 864. If you were hear in So Cal I'd invite you over for a listen!
    That's a Leak 50. Re. capping, I didn't do mine. In fact, I didn't realize how lucky I was until I looked others. Somebody capped my amp with Vitamin Qs. The guy I bought it from didn't even know it! I don't know if they are the best for the amp, as it's the only 50 I've heard, but it's very nice! I've always ran Telefunken 12AXs and a Mullard GZ34. I tried RCA GZ34. Too lush! For years I ran Tesla EL34s, but then I found used Bugle Boy EL34s. The improvement was big! There's nothing like vintage tubes!

I used to own Quad 2s and a Mac 240. I wish I say that I've tried them on all kinds of speakers, but I haven't. The Leak sucked on Legacy Focuses, but it's very nice on my MB Quart 980s. I used to think the Quad 2s were better, but this was before I tried Amperex EL34s in my Leak. The Quads found a nice home driving 00DB efficient Zu speakers. Sorry, but the idea of 15 watt amps on inefficient Quad 57s is not my idea of fun. I listen to more things than solo guitar.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom