Recent content by bobins08

1. bobins08

Got me a new turntable today

I am a fluid damper fan too. I have one for a vintage SME arm, love it and they work. The OP likes his table as it is right now and that is fine. I also like the MP-200, it is a sweet cartridge. Someday down the road @63pontiacgp might get upgrade-itis, and then the fluid damper could...
  2. bobins08

Put a $300 HIFI Together / Receiver + Speakers + Tape Deck

I doubt I could put together a used vintage system for $300 dollars anymore unless I got really lucky. I have a lot of gear, so for $300 I would be looking at upgrading parts, interconnects, or the room. The good news for you is the ADS L690's are good speakers and that is the key to getting...
  3. bobins08

AR-XA motor vibration question

Agree. With power switched to off, you can feel the motor slightly vibrate, but no hum or noise. Marc Morin upgraded my AR table an he told me this is normal.
  4. bobins08

RIP Mike Lemke aka "MRL_Audio"

Been away from AK for awhile. Sorry to hear this. Smart guy, he had many contributions that helped me.
  5. bobins08

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

The Marc Morin AR still performing magic.
  6. bobins08

Help Me Pick a Cartridge

I agree with @Ilikevinyl, try an MP200 stylus. If you do, recheck your alignment as I believe the cantilever is slightly shorter.
  7. bobins08

Best material for shimming a cartridge in a headshell

Great to see my old thread stimulating new conversation. Cheers, Bob
  8. bobins08

So you're rebuilding a Marantz 2245/2270? Check it out!

Some of Pat’s pictures in this thread are of a 2270 he recently restored for me. To those of you playing 30-40 year old gear, please note the problems he found. Blown parts, wrong parts, and many out of spec parts. Not to mention sloppy work done by a prior owner. Yet, when I played this unit...
  9. bobins08

10. bobins08

Merry Christmas
  11. bobins08

12. bobins08

MY first Turntable -- what about yours ??

My first was the Garrard 40B changer. It came with Pickering V-15 with a decent D ATE -4 nude elliptical stylus. it looked like this …
  13. bobins08

All Things Music. Past, Present and Future.....and more

Jerry Garcia - Garcia
  14. bobins08

Jerry Garcia - Garcia
Back
Top Bottom