Recent content by bobrown14

1. bobrown14

R.I.P. Kegger

Kegger... been a long time bud... sorry to hear of such a tragedy. Wish you well, we will see you again my friend. Every day is a good day.. heads up and be safe! Namaste
  2. bobrown14

Digest Mode

I need to know this also - I'm getting ALL the e-mails instead of a digest with links to the threads I want to read.
  3. bobrown14

Motorola SK52W console restore

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/motorola_sk52w_hs_823_hs_839_hs_862.html Sign up to download. Cheers, Bob
  4. bobrown14

Denon DP-51F: fix or return?

While yer in there I'd replace the electrolytic capacitors - I think there are a few . Cheers, Bob
  5. bobrown14

MA 2002e Stylus replacement

Where did you get your stylus replaced?? I love MA carts and have a 3002 II that needs a new stylus and I have backups for the backup.... Cheers, Bob
  6. bobrown14

Another Super High End Phono Stage! No expense spared...

Ground wire from TT to preamp the CNC is plugged into. Just changed TTs last night had the same problem - connected ground wire to AMP still hum, no ground connection - same hum, connected ground wire to PREAMP TT post - DEAD QUIET. Hope that helps. Cheers, Bob Eye Candy, my CNC is the...
  7. bobrown14

MD-DC-VA-PA -- 2014 AK Members 4th Annual Fall Get Together at Ohighway's

Hey kids I'm thinking about a sort of project/ primer TT setup. I recently purchased a Basis Audio 1400 Turntable from Bartertown and was wondering since I know there's a few expert turntable gurus about in the DC area, hows about me bringing this TT along and getting it set up all proper and...
  8. bobrown14

Ok I'll bring a less expensive one!! :yes: Well wishes on the family thing. Cheers, Bob
  9. bobrown14

We can make it!!! What to bring?? Anyone like tube amps? Cheers, Bob
  10. bobrown14

Picking a speaker to build for 300B SET

Have you looked at a Frugal Horn XL - DIY and killer for SET tubage I'm sure. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and build me some. They go flat pack n ship, you build. Cheers, Bob
  11. bobrown14

Sansui used Polystyrene caps in many many of their amps specially TOL amps. I leave them in place as is, I feel they are superior to most film caps. The Russian ones you have are military spec - probably some of the best out there. Cheers, Bob
  12. bobrown14

"Going by their size, I guess fully break in will take min 200 hrs" Maybe not 200 hrs - but break in will take some time. I'd guess 50-75hrs. Run some pink noise or a CD on repeat thru them with the speakers turned off. I like Russian PIO caps but yah the size wow. You could build another...
  13. bobrown14

Show me your Mid-Century Modern consoles please!

Wow that sure is purdy.... and in super fine condition. Cheers, Bob
  14. bobrown14

Switch rating for mains power?

The X2 cap is a poly film cap that is yes across the line and I usually install them at the IEC but you can put them on the switch but requires fiddling with the wiring. Putting them on the IEC, they see 120vac 100% of the time unless you have a power strip that you use to turn off your gear...
  15. bobrown14

Switch rating for mains power?

250V is my minimum for I use mains 110-120vac. They mostly come in this voltage rating anyways. What you need to worry about switch mains voltage is arc over at the contacts when switching, thats what actually wears out the switch over time. A heavier duty switch for 250v mains will last a lot...
Back
Top Bottom